Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you measure up?

Dark Link said:
Christ Gurk, I've only said that's me half a billion times. Shit, I've seen geriatrics with alzheimer's that are more attentive to detail then you.

Sorry, young fellow, I haven't read all that many of your posts.

Incidentally, a more accurate translation of "Molon Labe" would be "Come TAKE them".

Us old fuckers are good for such esoterica since we read a lot between erections.

depends on who's translating it. There is still a lot of debate on whether it is "Come and get them" or "Come take them"

Either way, It's two ways of getting the point across, defiance even in the face of overwhelming odds.

Dark Link said:
depends on who's translating it. There is still a lot of debate on whether it is "Come and get them" or "Come take them"

Either way, It's two ways of getting the point across, defiance even in the face of overwhelming odds.

I'm old school - it's "COME TAKE THEM!"

But I agree about the manly ballsyness of it. That Leonidas was one bad ass motherfucker. Being Scot, I can appreciate the spitting in the eye and the facing of certain death against overwhelming odds.

You're OK for a whippersnapper ... too bad you hang with these douchebags around here.

Gurk_MacGuintey said:
I'm old school - it's "COME TAKE THEM!"

To each their own.

Gurk_MacGuintey said:
But I agree about the manly ballsyness of it. That Leonidas was one bad ass motherfucker. Being Scot, I can appreciate the spitting in the eye and the facing of certain death against overwhelming odds.

To have 300 men and face an army that outnumbers you almost 2000 to 1, that's more then balls. They fought for days, broke their weapons and shields and still they fought. They were fighting fully armored men with nothing but their fists and teeth when they were finally killed.

Gurk_MacGuintey said:
You're OK for a whippersnapper ... too bad you hang with these douchebags around here.

Most of them aren't that bad. Sometimes we get some pretty intelligent conversation going.

And Mess:

Some Latin, And not enough ancient greek to hold even the smallest conversation. Just enough to read tablets and inscriptions.

Dark Link said:
To have 300 men and face an army that outnumbers you almost 2000 to 1, that's more then balls. They fought for days, broke their weapons and shields and still they fought. They were fighting fully armored men with nothing but their fists and teeth when they were finally killed.

Indeed! A seminal moment in the history of our superior and great western civilization. Had the Spartans not held long enough for the Greeks to muster their defenses it's likely our world today would look very different.

It's good to see a younger person appreciate something of that - you are in the minority due to the pitiable state of academia today.

Most of them aren't that bad. Sometimes we get some pretty intelligent conversation going.

Oh, I'm sure - I've even had a bit of good debate with a few of the more erudite posters round about this place - but the circumstances of my presence here necessarily imposes an adversarial stance on my part.

Obviously not my convo.

Gurk_MacGuintey said:
Indeed! A seminal moment in the history of our superior and great western civilization. Had the Spartans not held long enough for the Greeks to muster their defenses it's likely our world today would look very different.
How many times did Europe's existence hang in the balance? Too many to list at times.

It's good to see a younger person appreciate something of that - you are in the minority due to the pitiable state of academia today.
Extremely.

Gurk_MacGuintey said:
Oh, I'm sure - I've even had a bit of good debate with a few of the more erudite posters round about this place - but the circumstances of my presence here necessarily imposes an adversarial stance on my part.

Not really. Only because you wish it to be so.

I know I'm completely derailing this topic, so I'll just add one last thing.

For those who know about Frank Miller, creator of Sin City, His adaptaion of the Battle of Thermopylae called "300" is schedualed to come out next year. It's a great story.

Dark Link said:
I know I'm completely derailing this topic, so I'll just add one last thing.

For those who know about Frank Miller, creator of Sin City, His adaptaion of the Battle of Thermopylae called "300" is schedualed to come out next year. It's a great story.

Derailing topics is what trolls do!

Besides, a penis topic is fucking boring.

I'll be looking for "300". Thanks for the heads up.