How EXACTLY Is Iran A Threat To The United States?

Ogami said:
So if the United States takes an active interest in the Middle East, this will -gasp- OFFEND Islamic Fundamentalists who want hegemony over the region?

Question, welcome to the real world. That's where Bush lives, and so do I.

-Ogami
If you think Bush's preceptiion of reality is correct, Then you are fucked in the head.
Bush would like the whole country to be Christian, Ultra Conservatives.

Now, I DO believe this country was built on something else.
If you go back and read the declaration of independence, this country was made for those with opposing viewpoints to live together.
But, if you've ever heard bush's off camera remarks, he freely gives half the country, His Own Country, the finger and thinks they ought to go to hell.

Do you honestly want the President of the USA to only concern himself with only the 1/3 to 1/2 of the USA citizens that will agree with him? And let the rest rot? What country are YOU from?
I'm from the USA where I am allowed to voice an opinion. Differing as it may be.
It is my Right to Question My Government and to take actions against it as it's citizen.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE! BROTHA!

Blindgroping wrote:

If you think Bush's preceptiion of reality is correct, Then you are fucked in the head. Bush would like the whole country to be Christian, Ultra Conservatives.

That's not true, and you cannot base that claim on anything Bush has said or any law or program he's proposed.

I guess you'll tell us that Gore and Kerry were forcing their religion down our throats when they made appeals to God in their speeches.

Now, I DO believe this country was built on something else.
If you go back and read the declaration of independence, this country was made for those with opposing viewpoints to live together.

Bush has read the Declaration of Independence. He cited it when he stated that he would only select Federal Judges who agree that our rights are conveyed at birth by God himself. The American Humanist association took issue with this, even as it was pointed out to them that this was stated quite plainly in the Declaration of Independence. Bush has read it, his hysterical critics had not.

But, if you've ever heard bush's off camera remarks, he freely gives half the country, His Own Country, the finger and thinks they ought to go to hell.

Off-camera, Bush has pointed out certain reporters in the crowd to Cheney and remarked "That guy's a major league asshole". And with many reporters, he'd be correct! That's an exact assessment for the asshole journalists who push their partisan viewpoint instead of actually reporting the news.

Do you honestly want the President of the USA to only concern himself with only the 1/3 to 1/2 of the USA citizens that will agree with him? And let the rest rot? What country are YOU from?

Bush was elected twice to represent all people of the United States. Despite the hysterical, lunatic claims shrieked by his psychotically insane critics, Bush has not rounded up all Democrats and put them into gulags. He hasn't forced anyone to share his religious beliefs, and he hasn't taken away a single civil right. Every provision of the Patriot Act (that the Democrats malign to this day) were actions that the 9/11 Commission said should have been put into place before September 11th. It's sad watching the Democrats attack that both ways, coming and going, but sadly that's what we can expect from the left, who stopped their bipartisan support in the War on Terror that very day.

I'm from the USA where I am allowed to voice an opinion. Differing as it may be. It is my Right to Question My Government and to take actions against it as it's citizen. POWER TO THE PEOPLE! BROTHA!

It's not your patriotism that is being questioned but your judgment. Last time I checked, not a single critic of the Bush Administration has ever shut up. His critics are still refighting the 2000 election, and it's where 100% of their mindless hate-filled criticism is derived from. I can go back and quote every Democrat leader on their position on Iraq, WMD, and Saddam Hussein when Clinton was president. Yet every one of them (save Joe Lieberman) changed their minds when Bush became president. Where's the logic behind that? Do the Democrats hate Bush that much that they'd change their positions on a blood-soaked dictator like Saddam Hussein?

We already know the answer to that. I have no problem defending my president or my reasons for voting for him. All his critics offer is hate, treason, and surrender. Some choice.

-Ogami

You seem to always side with the muslims and terrorist. You some kind of turbin head?

I love seeing the "Domino effect" arguement coming out again.

This has strayed somewhat, but as far as I can see TQ does not have any problem with a far reaching US foreign policy. Even at the tender age I was, I could see that Reagan fought and won the cold war, his policies were aggressive but worked.

The Bush administration seems to lack direction - and make foreign policy based on domestic opinions. Iran, wierdly, does the same.

If his middle east policy was working, all of these arguements would fall away.

It's not easy to just buy an ICBM. ICBMs are pretty hefty missiles, and not many people have them.

Last time I checked, not a single critic of the Bush Administration has ever shut up.

I could just as easily say the same of the Clinton Administration... and it would be closer to true, too. However, I don't see supporters of the Clinton administration screaming "STFU!" every time those critics yammer on.

Your desire to silence critics is duly noted; it is an expression of the common facist desire to oppress opposition. All Bush offers is hatred, unending attacks on the Constitution, and a fixation on Empire; his administration pushes the nation towards a steaming pile of corruption, disenfranchisement, and moral decay at every turn.

Headvoid wrote:

If his middle east policy was working, all of these arguements would fall away.

It's been three years since the invasion of Iraq. Three years after World War II, the citizens of "free" Berlin were starving, and MacArthur was nowhere near recovering Japan's economy.

People with short attention spans need to get out of the 24-hour news cycle and start thinking in years. It took a decade to rebuild Germany and Japan into model democracies, and they were considered costly burdens and failures in the meantime.

TjHairball wrote:

However, I don't see supporters of the Clinton administration screaming "STFU!" every time those critics yammer on.

They get quite touchy whenever it is pointed out to them that it was the Clinton administration policies that let Bin Laden go and made it more difficult for the FBI and CIA to share information. Then they say STFU.

Your desire to silence critics is duly noted; it is an expression of the common facist desire to oppress opposition.

So if I want Bush critics to keep talking, I'm silencing them?

All Bush offers is hatred, unending attacks on the Constitution, and a fixation on Empire; his administration pushes the nation towards a steaming pile of corruption, disenfranchisement, and moral decay at every turn.

Then here's a president you can agree with 100% on every issue including Bush, former Iranian president Khatami:

Former Iran leader: U.S. policies trigger terrorism, violence
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/09/03/khatami.us.ap/index.html

Back