How EXACTLY Is Iran A Threat To The United States?

headvoid said:
This has strayed somewhat, but as far as I can see TQ does not have any problem with a far reaching US foreign policy.

Exactly right -- I have no problem at all with us having policy regarding these regions, or even a presence in these regions, as long as policy and presence:

1. Don't make things worse, at a minimum, but preferably
2. Make things better.

And by making things worse or better, I mean from the perspective of the American people.

bad dog said:
You seem to always side with the muslims and terrorist. You some kind of turbin head?

You just don't get it, do ya, jackass? I'm not siding with anybody -- I'm happy to drop napalm throat lozenges down the throat of every misshapen-headed idiot I see, and I don't care whose flag they happen to be waving.

Want me on your side? Well, that won't happen. Want the illusion that I'm on your side? That's doable, but first you have to stop being a brainless twat.

Ogami said:
It's been three years since the invasion of Iraq. Three years after World War II, the citizens of "free" Berlin were starving, and MacArthur was nowhere near recovering Japan's economy.

People with short attention spans need to get out of the 24-hour news cycle and start thinking in years. It took a decade to rebuild Germany and Japan into model democracies, and they were considered costly burdens and failures in the meantime.

The Marshall Plan was launched in February 1948. Less than 3 years after the war. They had a plan, an ambitious and generous plan. America is a great country, truly a visionary country with exceptional people - but the leaders have no visionary plans for Iraq.

Afghanistan has a plan wierdly, and it was the most justified war I've come across since WWII. America and NATO can do great things when there is a plan in place.

Back