I am now spending money on a "Steampunk" costume

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Thank God for E-bay.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
why would you want to disguise yourself? Aren't you content with being yourself?

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
no halloween and (to my knowledge) no comic book cons.
We do have SciFi cons (I regularly attend those in my town as an interpretor) but only the weirdos would put on make up and costumes. We always consider them borderline nuts and definitely ridiculous. Nobody does it at the cons in my town (unless you count a club badge or a club t-shirt as costume).
We Germans are a serious people. Make up and costumes are for clowns. And clowns belong at a circus, not at a convention.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
We do have SciFi cons (I regularly attend those in my town as an interpretor) but only the weirdos would put on make up and costumes. We always consider them borderline nuts and definitely ridiculous. Nobody does it at the cons in my town (unless you count a club badge or a club t-shirt as costume).
We Germans are a serious people. Make up and costumes are for clowns. And clowns belong at a circus, not at a convention.

It looks like I need to visit some cons in costume in Germany asap. I'd love to be able to start a new trend.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018

I think I finally understand why you defend Eloisel to the extent that you do.

You don't _really_ have a sense of humor either.

Afterparty at the base of the cross. Your's or her's. Makes no difference to me.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I think I finally understand why you defend Eloisel to the extent that you do.

You don't _really_ have a sense of humor either.

Afterparty at the base of the cross. Your's or her's. Makes no difference to me.

What you have is not a sense of humor, Gear. It is called putrid malignance.

Love Child

One Love
TCON is the voice of all Germans
eloisel puts people in a box, dare I say negatively before positively
Consumer just wants in your box
Gear is a box. Just kidding-I had nothing to say about you really.
Loktar is all sorts of fun!

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
What you have is not a sense of humor, Gear. It is called putrid malignance.

That's exactly what we all know you would say. Or what a bitter old woman without a sense of humor would say. The ongoing effort to drag us all down to your miserable level. No thank you.

Sorry Eloisel, I don't want to be as sad as you. Not at any age.

How's your self-crucifixion going anyway? Pretty good by the looks of it. Good thinking picking a German to help.

Afterparty at the foot of your cross.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
Correction, Gear: E didn't put me to help. She is woman enough to look after herself (and better than any man could).
I interfered because we Germans stick with our friends without any ifs and buts.

As for my sense of humour - that's purely a matter of perspective. We Germans believe that in order to make fun about others, one must first be able to make fun about oneself. A concept that naturally must be bewildering to a member of the nation that is most famous for its culture of bullying, a talent honed to razor-sharpness over the course of the last 2 centuries as you had the grace to demonstrate.
I would, however, like to point out that the customary victim of a sharp razor is the person who holds it. So it might be a good idea if you'd put it down before you cause irreparable damage.

The Call Of Nature

Saint (what else!)
TCON said:
I'll bring my sword. There can be only one
oops, what have I been thinking! Holy Ground!
We'll party in front of the gates then, ok?

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Correction, Gear: E didn't put me to help. She is woman enough to look after herself (and better than any man could).
I interfered because we Germans stick with our friends without any ifs and buts.

As for my sense of humour - that's purely a matter of perspective. We Germans believe that in order to make fun about others, one must first be able to make fun about oneself. A concept that naturally must be bewildering to a member of the nation that is most famous for its culture of bullying, a talent honed to razor-sharpness over the course of the last 2 centuries as you had the grace to demonstrate.
I would, however, like to point out that the customary victim of a sharp razor is the person who holds it. So it might be a good idea if you'd put it down before you cause irreparable damage.

Are you referring to my rapist wit?

Rapier.

I meant rapier wit.

Are you referring to my rapier wit?

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin

You're just bitter that we kicked your asses twice in less than 50 years. :wink:

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
You're just bitter that we kicked your asses twice in less than 50 years. :wink:

How hard do you think it would be to find a German who can actually make fun of themself?

Why if that were possible we wouldn't have BMW or Braun.