I'm captioning the Michael Jackson service

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Of course, it's on the TV Guide channel. We'll see how tacky they can be.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Bringing his coffin on stage is gonna be a pretty weird. I suppose that's quite appropriate in a way.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Do you think anyone will try and buy HIS bones someday?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I turned it on there and there was like five minutes of silence. So I turned it off again.

Big Dick McGee

I'm looking at the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways!

Tisiphone

^It's back on now. It's because they were waiting for family to finish filing in.

Big Dick McGee

I'm watching it from NBC 4's feed (the local LA affiliate), and they have a woman on a CELL PHONE describing what's going on, and she's like FIFTY ROWS UP. They have one static camera that looks like it's hanging from the rafters. WTF? I'll have to see if HULU's coverage is better.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Same on BBC news, just that locked off camera in the arena since it came to a halt.

Big Dick McGee

Hulu has multiple cameras.

Tisiphone

Pallbearers only had one glove on.

Big Dick McGee

LOVING the John Mayer rendition of "Human Nature". Love the fact that Jermaine and the rest of the Jackson 5 are wearing dark sunglasses and one sequined glove.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
nor do I.
can they do this thing with dignity? Or is it going to be a circus?
waiting for your thoughts on that.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
OMG, just spotted MICHAEL'S GHOST standing on stage with the rest of the family!!!

Oh, wait, it's Latoyah.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
A friend rang up just before Germaine sang. What was he singing?

Blindgroping

U mad 'bro?
Of the two people I'm talking with that are watching it, it's being done with dignity.

Big Dick McGee

nor do I.
can they do this thing with dignity? Or is it going to be a circus?
waiting for your thoughts on that.

Very, very dignified. Brooke Shields was amazing, she told everyone what Michael was like as a friend, how he loved to laugh and make jokes at his own expense. The song Jermaine sang was from a Charlie Chaplin movie, apparently it was Michael's favorite song. Brooke came across as sweet and genuine-her only reasonf for being at the memorial was to celebrate the life of a friend she obviously loved dearly.

Al Sharpton, on the other hand, seemed to be a self-aggrandizing fool. In other words, himself.

Marlon Jackson was touching, telling childhood stories of his time with Michael. I nearly lost it when he asked Michael to give a hug to his "twin brother, Brandon". If you don't know, Marlon was a twin, born by emergency C-section, and his idential twin brother Brandon was stillborn.

I DID lose it when Paris spoke. You can see her words on TMZ, but she said, in part, "He was the best Father you could ever imagine. I love him so much." before breaking down in tears. I was watching with co-workers, and had to leave the room. Kids always get to me. If you don't get a little choked up watching this, you don't have any compassion whatsoever:

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=154e2687-fa27-441a-9f83-6e37eac04420

All in all, a wonderful, tasteful, dignified memorial.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with BDM on pretty much all he said. When Al Sharpton started to walk to the stage I admit to rolling my eyes a bit but I forgive him for the words he said to the kids. That's the sort of things they need to hear and I thought that Sharpton did well with putting that in there.

It was very touching and very dignified and very GENIUINE and the whole thing was a fitting tribute to Mike.