Let's prattle on about how Nintendo is going bankrupt

Literally none of that means that Nintendo didn't just sell a lot of consoles and make a lot of money from it, though.

If the Wii was going in "the wrong direction", people would not buy it.

They have.

They have a lot.

This is a very simple concept that I really don't understand how you don't get.

The point is that Nintendo didn't sell a lot of units because they had the best product, they sold a lot because they had to slash prices by a huge margin, something Nintendo has NEVER EVER DONE EVAH, on both the WII and the 3DS.

And they slashed those aforementioned prices because they were getting the shit kicked out of them in the casual gaming market by Iphone et al, and getting the shit kicked out of them in the hardcore gaming market by Sony and Xbox.

The press about spectacular sales aside, the profit margins are narrow as hell and long term won't change anything because Nintendo STILL has no answer besides 3DS to compete with much more multipurpose offerings like Iphones, tablets, and Edevices.

They do, and it's called the Wii-U.

And it really doesn't matter because every single time "HARDCORE GAMERS" get all snooty about Nintendo and proclaim it's death, Nintendo releases a new Mario/Zelda/Metroid and make so much money they could buy the moon and have it crash into the Earth to promote Majora's mask 3D.

It just sounds like they'll have to rethink their handheld gaming system, but not that they're going under.

At what point are you going to integrate new information? 5 days ago, Nintendo was going bankrupt.

Then they had their most successful Black Friday ever.

And now they're still doomed.

So what's your benchmark? What's the point at which you say "nah, they're fine"?

Get a PS3.

Cassie I'm so sorry

3036.imgcache.jpg

3037.imgcache.jpg

Oh my. I wonder if that goes for all PS3 and XBox games, or if it's just limited to Skyrim (*crosses fingers*)

Well, other than the xbox image being a little darker, I don't really see the problem. If a game is good, then the graphics aren't that important. I like pretty graphics, of course.

But the blurry ground textures! The missing rocks! The missing dirt paths! The low-polygon mountain! The crappier water! The low res wall textures! The missing trees!

The PS3 version also apparently has an issue where if you save file gets too big, the game starts chugging significantly. One of the Fallout devs (which was on the same engine) says it's a limitation of the PS3 that can't be fixed in software.

Hrmm.. well there are still problems after the patch. I've still got tons of Skyward sword to get through, so maybe by the time I'm ready to play they'll have it solved.

I think I'm gonna buy me a WII after Xmas, throw them a bone so to speak. They'll need the money pretty bad...

nvm i take it back nintendo is going bankrupt

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. — The creator of Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda will step down from his current position at Nintendo but remain with the company to work on smaller, more personal projects, Wired.com has learned.

In an exclusive interview with Wired.com on Wednesday, the 59-year-old head of Nintendo’s game design department said that he will move away from supervising the development of massive games like this year’s Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land, passing the torch to the younger designers in the company and working on projects that won’t take as long to complete.

“Inside our office, I’ve been recently declaring, ‘I’m going to retire, I’m going to retire,’” Miyamoto said through his interpreter. “I’m not saying that I’m going to retire from game development altogether. What I mean by retiring is, retiring from my current position.”

“What I really want to do is be in the forefront of game development once again myself,” Miyamoto said. “Probably working on a smaller project with even younger developers. Or I might be interested in making something that I can make myself, by myself. Something really small.”

Miyamoto said that he’s hoping to start work on a project in 2012, and hopefully show the game off publicly within the year.

“In other words, I’m not intending to start from things that require a five-year development time,” he said.

Miyamoto, whose creations propelled Nintendo to worldwide prominence beginning with 1981′s arcade game Donkey Kong and who is generally recognized as the world’s most influential and creative game designer, said he felt comfortable stepping away from supervising the Mario and Zelda games because his staff has done such a good job with this year’s critically acclaimed entries in both series.

They still won't go bankrupt. They will just have to pay him licensing fees for his games instead of a salary. And we'll probably get more games out of him quicker since he'll be designing for existing platforms, not platforms that are still on the drawing board.

Or something. JUST TRYING TO BE POSITIVE HERE.

I'm just gonna leave this here to remind folks what many have learned the hard way. While Donovan is not always right, Donovan is PFF right, and generally about six months ahead of the curve. Of course, Donovan lacks the financial sense to ever make any money off this phenomenal intuitive skill, which is further evidence of God's cruel sense of humor.

They should make a circus game. Just imagine juggling, walking a tightrope, getting shot out of a cannon, cramming clowns into a small car, and what circus game would be complete without plate spinners?

Back