Lets talk about James Bogner

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I take this part back --I now distinctly remember a back n' forth with him at TCJ long ago where did exactly this; taking my p.o.v. and repackaging it into something he could take the piss out of. He kept it up in spite of my pointing it out, at which point I "slipped" the name Geedis into one of my responses (he had been going exclusively by James Bogner, probably with the intention of rehabilitating his image), and he flipped out & vanished.

Another thing I remember is that he had a die-in-flaming-napalm-cocksucker level of hatred for Donovan. One time I defended one of D's posts --either here or at Comicon-- and suddenly Bogner was on me, spewing obscenities like some giant starving tick with Tourettes. Dono, if you're reading this, care to shed any light?

Did Kerbcrawler know him, too?

I actually barely remember the guy, which is why I haven't been in this thread to now. Didn't care lol.

But Bogner's hatred of me stems from a specific incident years ago involving a fellow TCJ poster Jenny Devildoll Gonzales. IIRC, the subject of rape came up in some topic, and Bogner made a thoroughly tasteless joke, to which Jenny took offense because of a personal trauma of some sort. Now Bogner always claimed a real world friendship with Jenny G, yet when she became genuinely offended by his comments, rather than apologize he began to genuflect, foam at the mouth and rationalize his crass behavior. At that point I stepped in and pointed out that if you are a friend to someone and your comments hurt them, an apology is necessary only for the fact that they are your friend.

Bogner hates being wrong, and my exchange with him led to a huge backlash from the community with everyone piling on, more spluttering from him, a huge blowup with Jenny in which she actually left Comicon forever (something that is true to this day I would imagine). Bogner became a pariah, "rape-laughing" became a new Comicon in-joke, and I became a "filthy Donovanzes, we hates it forever precious" to geedis. I may have antagonized him for quite awhile after that to amuse myself, I can't remember.

Now my question: Who is Arch Nixon on Comicon? You talk like you know lots of history. Do I know you?

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
OMGRAPELAUGHING

Donovan

beer, I want beer

jack

OMG yeah, remember I stuck up for you, went after him and that's when I became his worst enema too?

jack

and I've been saying he was "weevil" all this time, :::smacks head::: it's Wisdom that was his handle here. Sometimes I just pwn myself.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
OMG yeah, remember I stuck up for you, went after him and that's when I became his worst enema too?

Truthfully I only remember the vaguest details of the whole event. It was clearly much more important to him than to me. I remember spanking his ass on the "rape-laughing" and coining the term, then guys like you took over and I just faded into the background. I tried to find the thread, but a lot of the Gutters must be purged now. All I could find were Politics threads where I fought with Edgrendel and that idiot Porta... couldn't even remember my password lol.

jack

remember when Grendel created the Sarah V dual?

Bickendan

Shifty sumbitch
I'm reading that Weevil is unique to Messy then?

Donovan

beer, I want beer
remember when Grendel created the Sarah V dual?

No not really. I couldn't be bothered to figure out who was sock puppet for whom at the time. Ed/grendel/whoever the fuck he was was a douche; so I messed with him in politics. You can still find a few of those where I posted as Dono and as Not Donovan (my sock I forgot I had, now it's the only one I can log in with, irony!)

jack

Ahh you missed all the fun. Stuff got really ugly as he unwound.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
I actually barely remember the guy, which is why I haven't been in this thread to now. Didn't care lol.

But Bogner's hatred of me stems from a specific incident years ago involving a fellow TCJ poster Jenny Devildoll Gonzales. IIRC, the subject of rape came up in some topic, and Bogner made a thoroughly tasteless joke, to which Jenny took offense because of a personal trauma of some sort. Now Bogner always claimed a real world friendship with Jenny G, yet when she became genuinely offended by his comments, rather than apologize he began to genuflect, foam at the mouth and rationalize his crass behavior. At that point I stepped in and pointed out that if you are a friend to someone and your comments hurt them, an apology is necessary only for the fact that they are your friend.

Bogner hates being wrong, and my exchange with him led to a huge backlash from the community with everyone piling on, more spluttering from him, a huge blowup with Jenny in which she actually left Comicon forever (something that is true to this day I would imagine). Bogner became a pariah, "rape-laughing" became a new Comicon in-joke, and I became a "filthy Donovanzes, we hates it forever precious" to geedis. I may have antagonized him for quite awhile after that to amuse myself, I can't remember.

Now my question: Who is Arch Nixon on Comicon? You talk like you know lots of history. Do I know you?

Ah...so YOU'RE the one who started the whole meme! Thanks for the history lowdown...I'd been wondering about the origins of all that for some time.

You wouldn't have known me at Comicon --I only breezed through there for a couple months on my way here, sometime in early '06. Probably don't remember me much from TCJ either, as I only started there around 2004, just as all the really good drama was winding down (Rall/Hellman, Tony Millionaire, TK Enright, Domingos, Groth/Veitch, Ronan, Luke Przbylski/ Matt Kaplan, etc etc etc.) It's a total ghost town now. The last dramatic persona to blow through there was Jеffrey Mеyer, who I had a little fun with. All the good shit was lost in the board reboot of about 3-4 years ago.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Yeah, I was more or less gone from there by the time you floated in. Aside from irregular appearances, Cory Fuka (or Faka if you believe some people) had choked me out of the Gutters and my desire to continue fucking with Jack led me here in 2005 or so. TCJ never really caught my attention for very long, most of those guys were so busy smelling their own farts I got bored.

As for rape-laughing: like any good running gag, I can only take partial credit for the success of that meme--Bogner's over-the-top reaction, and the willingness of the Guttersnipes to take that ball and run the hell out of it, all played a part. In-jokes rule...

Donovan

beer, I want beer
lol good times.

jack

what a great bump

jack