List of trek episodes that probably wont happen now

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Will Data have wings now?

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
Things like V'Ger and the whale probe should logically still happen, because they've been out in space way before the timeline diverged, but maybe since Starfleet has better tech in this universe they'll have more than one starship near Earth that can deal with the situation.

Apparantly not, since already they had to fill ships with cadets to go rescue Vulcan.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The main fleet was busy in the Laurentian system, apparently. So they still have loads of ships. Maybe they'll explain what they were all doing in the sequel?

CaptainWacky

Having a wank.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The Borg will only penetrate the Alpha Quadrant if Picard takes command of the Ent-D, which may or may not depend on whether Kirk dies on the Ent-B, or whether Rachel Garrett takes the Ent-C and/or goes through the anomaly.

Which could all change based on how a butterfly flaps its wings.

Then again, just because Q doesn't introduce the Ent-D to the Borg doesn't mean the Alpha Quad will be of the Borg's radar. Also, the way VOY rewrote them, they have transwarp hubs everywhere so they could have penetrated the AQ (in fact, through the opening right by Earth that Voyager used) anytime they wanted.

I am now officially depressed.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
The Borg will only penetrate the Alpha Quadrant if Picard takes command of the Ent-D, which may or may not depend on whether Kirk dies on the Ent-B, or whether Rachel Garrett takes the Ent-C and/or goes through the anomaly.

Which could all change based on how a butterfly flaps its wings.

Then again, just because Q doesn't introduce the Ent-D to the Borg doesn't mean the Alpha Quad will be of the Borg's radar. Also, the way VOY rewrote them, they have transwarp hubs everywhere so they could have penetrated the AQ (in fact, through the opening right by Earth that Voyager used) anytime they wanted.

I am now officially depressed.

The Borg in Enterprise (which is canon in the new universe) sent off a message to the Delta Quadrant, so they're on their way anyway.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Thank you. Now I'm even MOAR depressed.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Good recap, but don't forget the borg sphere debris that fell to earth not long after first contact, and the episode of enterprise where they are revived and take over a freighter, and get destroyed, but not before broadcasting a message back to the collective

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I didn't watch Enterprise, so other than what I pick up here, I am ignorant of their continuity rape.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It'd be interesting to see what would happen if the Borg did still send a sphere back in time in this universe's 2373. Presumably two spheres would turn up in 2063, one followed by the Enterprise-E from the prime universe and the other followed by some ship from the Abramsverse, since the two dimensions only fork centuries after first contact. But this event would create 3rd timeline where two Starfleet ships stopped two Borg Queens from stopping first contact.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Best idea yet: no Borg in the Abramsverse.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
If he did do them they'd be completely different anyway.

But yeah, the Borg have been done to death, quite literally. And relentless murdering robots are overdone in tv/movies now too.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Plus, the Borg were invented because the Alpha and half the Beta Quadrants had pretty much been conquered, staked out and/or settled in the TNG era. We're back at the "beginning" now, so they can re-explore everything in the TOS era.

CaptainWacky

In Voyager is was all Seven of Nine's parents' fault that the Borg came to Earth, wasn't it? How the fuck did they know about the Borg anyway? The pricks.

whisky

Boobie inspector
From Guinan?

People tend to forget that aspect of generations, that she and the other el urians were being rescued because their planet had been attacked by the borg

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
The main fleet was busy in the Laurentian system, apparently. So they still have loads of ships. Maybe they'll explain what they were all doing in the sequel?

Well duh they have loads of ships. That's not the point. The point is that the ships are always unavailable and never around to help Earth or Vulcan. So they have to load untested ships up with untested cadets.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Maybe they'll change their ways now they lost Vulcan and a whole fleet of ships.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
THE CRYSTALLINE ENTITY. I don't know, I just thought of that episode.