Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mahatma Ghandi - I was hacked!

Is Rupert Murdoch buying Sky? There was an article in the paper this morning about News of the World shutting down, and something about him letting it go because there's more money in the TV station.

Rupert Murdoch is in the process of buying Sky (BSkyB). A British MP called Vince Cable was caught out in a sting by saying he wanted to block the sale, before evidence had been presented to him. Vince Cable had to stand back from being the decision maker, and a new MP had to come in and take over.

The hacking story, (Where one of Rupert Murdoch's papers are hacking the phones of relatives of dead soldiers, child murder victims etc.) is causing the deal problems as to be a broadcaster you have to be "an upright citizen" or some such legal phrase.

The paper is having to be shut down, despite being one of the best selling papers we have. and yes, there is much more money in the telly. The shutting down could even benefit him if he gets the right accountant.

It's a right old mess.

By shutting down the paper he suddenly controls less of the British news media, which was one of the arguments against him being allowed to own all of BSkyB as well. It's annoying that one of his papers being shown up as such a disreputable organisation actually works in his favour, but hopefully the anticipated public backlash will be enough to deter the government from letting the deal go through (hopefully... but not very likely).

ha! money talks. it always has.

there. yes, this is really me posting and writing something cynical.

'Brook, criminal enterprise, catastrophe': How Rebekah's clueless proofreaders failed to spot parting shot in NotW crossword

Host of sardonic phrases printed despite Brooks ‘sending in Sun men’
Clues included: ‘Mix in prison’, ‘string of recordings’ and ‘woman stares wildly at calamity’
Answers counted: ‘Deplored’, ‘stench’, ‘stir’, ‘disaster’ ‘menace’, ‘desist’, ‘racket’ and ‘tart’
Final edition printed as nine journalists and three police officers face arrest

Read more: Rebekah Brooks: News of the World staff take a parting shot in crossword | Mail Online

You know what's strange about this quote? The "read more" bit isn't something I copied and pasted or wrote myself. It was generated automatically by either the Daily Mail website recognising that I was quoting a section of an article, or by TK's software. Menty? :dizzy:

Some sites automatically do that when you copy and paste stuff. I noticed it happening a few times. I usually put a link at the top when I copy/paste so when that happens I delete it.

I find it creepy and disturbing. But then I find most things written by the Daily Mail creepy and disturbing.

DONT WORRY MR MURDOCH, LOOK WHO HAS COME OUT IN SUPPORT FOR YOU!

A Saudi Prince, yes, that is right. The conspicuous wealth that brought you the suffering that led to Al Queda, this Saudi Prince a 7% share holder in News Corp. To put that in perspective Murdoch is a 12% shareholder.

Saudi-Prince-Al-Waleed-bin-Talal.jpg.scaled600.jpg

In other news, speaking from his German Jail, Josef Fritzl stated that he thought it was "all a bit blown out of proportion" and the problem could easily be "buried behind a steel door" with a little effort.