Menty's Star Trek Review. ( No Spoilers )

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Just saw it but have to start my own thread out of vanity, sorry (then again there was another couple of threads before this one so Menty's MISTER VAIN too.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I wasn't distracted by Nimoy's dentures, but I WAS distracted by his tiny little eyes!! Bloody hell, did someone give him red matter eyedrops?

Speaking of which...

I may have missed the odd thing here or there, but I think the huge amount of red matter that Spock had was to make the supernova retract and implode, but to create the wormhole/black hole he only needed the one drop. I hope that's it, because otherwise it'd be dumb for him to have a huge tank of the stuff if he only needed a little.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I guess Spock would have looked a real prick if he just took a handfull of the stuff, and it turned out he needed 12 gallons.

Since what he was doing was only theoretical I guess he used the smallest amount first, then would have added as much as he needed, up to, and including all of it.

CaptainWacky

What IS red matter? I read the comic and I still can't remember.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It's this stuff that does whatever the fuck the plot demands.

CaptainWacky

According to the Star Trek: Countdown prequel comic book, which details the events leading up to the destruction of Romulus, red matter was an artificial substance created by the Vulcan Science Academy. It was manufactured from decalithium, a rare isotope which the Narada was equipped to mine.

The novelization of 2009's Star Trek by Alan Dean Foster states that red matter's destructive properties are magnified by intense heat and pressurization that a star or a planetary core can provide.

Ah-h-h-h-h.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I thought it was the same stuff that Sydney Bristow found, that made everyone into killing zombies.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I liked the bit when

Kirk grabbed Uhura's tits

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I liked it when he was about to bang the Orion girl. Sexy!

CaptainWacky

Did she get assigned to one of the ships that were destroyed? :(

CaptainWacky

Did they actually say which ship she was assigned to? I remember her grinning happily at Uhura at her assignment while Uhura was pissed off at not being on the Enterprise. Couldn't that big grin have meant she was assigned to the Enterprise?

whisky

Boobie inspector
Since Uhura was assigned to the farragut maybe she was grinning because she thought they would still be together

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Did they actually say which ship she was assigned to? I remember her grinning happily at Uhura at her assignment while Uhura was pissed off at not being on the Enterprise. Couldn't that big grin have meant she was assigned to the Enterprise?

Good point, although we probably would have seen her again after that. I've got a list of things to pay attention to next time I see it.

CaptainWacky

:(

But maybe escape pods!?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The real Kirk would have scanned for survivors.