CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I thought you already had one!

CaptainWacky

No, none of the games have really excited me (though it's hard to get me excited about anything) but Super Metroid was one of my favourite games and this new one looks exactly like I always thought a 3D Metroid would (more so than Metroid Prime, which was good too.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
My redneck brother got a Wii before both of us, THE BASTARD. He just plays guitar hero.

CaptainWacky

He sickens me.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I should steal it from him, and sell it on ebay, then go buy a new one for myself.

CaptainWacky

I see nothing wrong with that plan.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
WACKY APPROVED!

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
They're also releasing the Metroid Prime trilogy at some point (all three Metroid Prime games on one disc and with Primes 1 & 2 given Prime 3's better graphics and excellent Wii controls) so that's a must-have.

CaptainWacky

YEAH, THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DEAL.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Well fuck. Thanks to the above teaser, I guess I'm going to have to get one too. Dammit.

CaptainWacky

ZELDA IS MADE OUT OF METAL NOW?

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I tried a Wii at best buy a couple of times, and couldn't get past the crappy graphics. Seeing Metroid and that Zelda cover, however, I can see that the games on display were not indicative of the tru graphics power of the Wii. I'll keep my PS3 for serious gaming, but I might have to pick up a Wii now, so I can play Zelda and Metroid as well as some kiddie games with my son.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Amy just brought the Wii over here, I DON'T HAVE TO SNEAK IN TO STEAL IT.

CaptainWacky

I don't really care about graphics, though I supposed it would be nice if the Wii was as poweful as PS3 and XBOX360 so that it could get proper conversions and not stripped down versions.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
I don't really care about graphics, though I supposed it would be nice if the Wii was as poweful as PS3 and XBOX360 so that it could get proper conversions and not stripped down versions.

The Wii is just a Gamecube with a bunch of added features. There were no graphics or processing enhancements.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
The Wii is just a Gamecube with a bunch of added features. There were no graphics or processing enhancements.

The Wii may be based on the GameCube architecture but it most definitely does have better graphic capabilities - faster processor, more RAM, better GPU. Something like Mario Galaxy or The Conduit couldn't be done on a GameCube.

CaptainWacky

I could do them on a Gamecube.