Mine Field Celebrity Deathday Thread

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Carole Cook, 98

AA16g35B.img

Veteran stage and screen actress Carole Cook died of heart failure in Beverly Hills, California, at the age of 98.

Cook was a protégé of Lucille Ball and was best known for her roles on “The Lucy Show” from 1963-1968 and “Here’s Lucy” from 1969-1974, according to Variety. Cook had an extensive acting portfolio that included a prominent film role as Molly Ringwald’s Grandma Helen in the romantic comedy, “Sixteen Candles.” Other prominent film credits include appearances in “The Incredible Mr. Limpet,” “Palm Springs Weekend” and “American Gigolo.”

Cook also appeared in the films “The Gauntlet,” “Grandview, U.S.A.,” “Summer Lovers” and “A Very Sordid Wedding.”

Her television presence was equally impressive. Cook guest starred on “The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis,” “U.S. Marshal,” “Daniel Boone,” “My World and Welcome to It,” and “That Girl,” according to Variety.

The talented actress lent her skill to popular shows “Baretta,” “Starsky and Hutch,” “Charlie’s Angels,” “Knight Rider,” “Laverne & Shirley,” “The Love Boat,” “The A-Team,” “Murder, She Wrote” and “Grey’s Anatomy.”

Cooke shared her passion for stage acting with her husband Tom, and together, they co-starred in “The Lion in Winter” as well as “The Gin Game.”

jack

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Reports: David Crosby, rock star and CSNY co-founder, dies​

AA16xnEY.img

David Crosby, the brash rock musician who evolved from a baby-faced harmony singer with the Byrds to a mustachioed hippie superstar and an ongoing troubadour in Crosby, Stills, Nash & (sometimes) Young, has died at 81, several media outlets reported Thursday.
The New York Times reported, based on a text message from Crosby's sister in law, that the musician died Wednesday night. Several media outlets reported Crosby's death citing anonymous sources; The Associated Press was unable to reach Crosby's representatives and his widow.

Crosby underwent a liver transplant in 1994 after decades of drug use and survived diabetes, hepatitis C and heart surgery in his 70s.
While he only wrote a handful of widely known songs, the witty and ever opinionated Crosby was on the front lines of the cultural revolution of the ’60s and ’70s — whether triumphing with Stephen Stills, Graham Nash and Neil Young on stage at Woodstock, testifying on behalf of a hirsute generation in his anthem “Almost Cut My Hair” or mourning the assassination of Robert Kennedy in “Long Time Gone.”
He was a founder and focus of the Los Angeles rock music community from which such performers as the Eagles and Jackson Browne later emerged. He was a twinkly-eyed hippie patriarch, the inspiration for Dennis Hopper’s long-haired stoner in “Easy Rider.” He advocated for peace, but was an unrepentant loudmouth who practiced personal warfare and acknowledged that many of the musicians he worked with no longer spoke to him.

jack

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts

jack

^^Tribute thread in Media Center.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter