Official discussion of the future of the Badlands.

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
I'm half convinced this should be a self policing forum with a policy the regulars agree on. It works for the Mine Field, it should be able to work here.

Speak to me people!!

;)
mm

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
I concur with this brilliance!!!!!!!!!!

The Dork Lord

Whipping Boy
I obviously have no problem with spamming multiple posts in a row...as long as it's in a dedicated thread I.E. Spamcapital, but flooding has always bugged me, as it disrupts the flow of the forum...

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Automated nonsense flooding (ie buckets) as separate threads = no
Nonsense flooding a dedicated thread (ie Spamcapital) = yes
Nonsense flooding separate threads (ie Failconrag) = whatever
Everything else = yes?

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
Flooding being defined as an automated posting spree to bury threads. It's cool if it's done by hand and has some relevance, but the autoflood bots are obnoxious.

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
Gagh doesn't use a bot, he's genuinely mentally disturbed enough to keep it up for hours and hours days at a time.

;)
mm

*yes I changed a word*

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
double posting is a sign of mental illness.

the phrase 'self policing' would indicate the lack of 'policies' or 'rules'

if a forum self polices, then when someone does something that cries out for a rebuke, then the members of that forum rebuke them.

spamming can lead to funny and interesting discussions...
automated flooding bots should be identified and pointed out to the admin that can ban and IP block them.

as though my vote counted......

nyuk nyuk

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
The Mine Field has policies?

All this time I thought we just managed to become a really successful clique...

Cock

Let's be making sexy business
Not rules..... think of it as a policy and convince me why it should be that way.

;)
mm

that's what i was referring to. Personally, I believe in undermoderation, as a rule.