Official talk about the cute girls on Caprica (and the plot, too) thread. SPOILERS!!!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Sorry, but it just reminded me a little of that episode where Adama stared at the repair teams and the bulkheads every few minutes.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Yeah, they made a bunch of the episode drag on for too long. The best part was when whatshisface made Daniel stab him.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Sorry, but it just reminded me a little of that episode where Adama stared at the repair teams and the bulkheads every few minutes.

SUE JANE ESPENSON.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, they made a bunch of the episode drag on for too long. The best part was when whatshisface made Daniel stab him.

Yeah, that was the best part. Actual tension, a character I cared about because despite his faults, he was actually in the right, and a surprisingish end. It seemed more likely that he'd kill himself, but I did start to think they'd keep him around and have a really cool war between the businessmen and the mafia.

SAUSAGEMAN

A few months ago, the Syfy network commissioned an online series called 'Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome,' a chronicle of the war experiences of young William Adama.

The network liked Michael Taylor's script for the project so much that Syfy will air 'Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome' on the network as the pilot for a possible young Adama TV series.

Mark Stern, Syfy's executive vice president of original programming and the co-head of original content for Universal Cable Productions, said the network hoped to begin production on the pilot in Vancouver in early 2011.

"When we read Michael's script, it was so clearly a full-blown pilot for a series," Stern said in a Thursday interview. "The scope is fantastic and bigger, I think, than anticipated, so we said, 'Let's do it as a 2-hour backdoor pilot.' ... We're trying to get up and running as soon as possible."

'Blood & Chrome' won't air until the fourth quarter of 2011 at the earliest, Stern said, but an early 2012 debut sounds more likely, especially if the network decides to go forward with a full series. Given the project's origins as an online project, expect lots of Web extras as well.

Fans missing the Battlestar Galactica itself -- the valiant old ship that housed Adama, Starbuck, Apollo and the rest -- will get to see it once again, or a version of it, in the new show. High-resolution digital scans were made of all the 'Battlestar Galactica' sets before they were torn down, and those scans will be used in the new project, which, like Syfy's 'Sanctuary,' will employ cutting-edge computer effects to supply virtual sets.

"It's an opportunity to 'see them before they were famous,'" Stern said of 'Blood & Chrome,' which takes place roughly 20 years after the events of 'Caprica' and about 40 years before the events of 'BSG.' "Here's the Battlestar Galactica as a brand-new, shiny ship -- well, not shiny, but as a new ship that had just been commissioned. What was that like?"

The Adama of 'Battlestar Galactica,' as so memorably played by Edward James Olmos, was a capable military commander leading the fight against the Cylon race under almost impossible conditions. Ensign William Adama of 'Blood & Chrome' is newly minted Viper pilot, one who goes through a challenging experiences on a difficult mission.

"This is very much an action-adventure, war series," Stern said. "This is definitely dealing with people who are fighting the fight. ... As you hope 'Battlestar' would do, it kind of comments on that process a little bit... but not in a preachy way, not in an issues-oriented way, not in a hitting-you-over-the-head way. Really, the fabric and the canvas of the series are people in the fight and what they grapple with when it comes to each other and what they grapple with when it comes to the enemy they're fighting."

[...]

For 'Caprica' fans wondering what all this means for their show, Stern noted that 'Blood & Chrome' was developed separately from the other 'Battlestar' spinoff, which is in the midst of airing season 1 episodes now.

"To be really categorical about it, this is not about finding something else so we can get rid of 'Caprica," Stern said. "I don't know the fate of 'Caprica' yet, but, if anything, 'Blood & Chrome' going to series would only be a great opportunity to pair it with something.'

Stern said the decision on whether to give 'Caprica' a second season would be made no later than Nov. 15.

I want more Caprica, not this stupid "ALL WAR, RARGH" series :(

http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/10/22/syfy-adama-blood-and-chrome/

Consumer

Elder Statesman
Can they just re-do the old 1978 Battlestar galactica as the "first war"?

(i.e. re-run the series...I wanna see "The Gun on Ice-Planet Zero"!)

CaptainWacky

Well maybe this new series will be good.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Not one cute girl in sight! Bah!

The whole thing with Daniel and his avatar wife was really interesting. He was having a hard time buying what he was trying to sell. He couldn't get it right and that caused him conflict on several levels: 1. that he's not capable of recreating what his daughter made, and 2. He desperately wants to confess his sins to his wife.

Why couldn't space FBI guy meet Amanda someplace other than a public park, like, say, on her property?

Sam's story was actually very interesting. His appropriation of a Cylon to settle his debt was inspired. I also enjoy seeing his reckless, headlong thrusts into supporting Tauron ideals. It got him involved in the Tauron mafia, and it looks like it's going to get him involved in the Tauron civil war.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I really liked this episode.

I WANT YOU TO BE REAL!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
That was a lot more like it!

Sam is one of those bad guys you can actually love, especially since anything he does will impact on Joe and Willy, so it was interesting to be following him for a while, instead of crazy terrorists. I can't decide if using the robot to kill his enemies was really cool or really silly. Maybe it was both. I mean, you'd think something like a highly dangerous, top secret robot built for the military would have a lot of security around it, not all of which could be bypassed by the mafia, even if they are controlling the company to an extent. Anyway, it was good to have some action.

Bitchy grandma's always fun and I hope they continue to include the Doc from Stargate (but by include, I mean more than just have her furrow a brow here and there).

Amanda and Daniel's storylines were actually interesting this week!

SAUSAGEMAN

"Your father and uncle lived through this when they were your age. Now it's happening again.

SUBTLE

I really liked this episode. The show's at its best when its main characters' minds are completely unraveling, and we got that from, by my count, four characters this week.

(Also Lacey was shipped off-world so we didn't have to pretend to care about her.)

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I'll echo the part where this episode was good EXCEPT FOR THE TOTAL LACK OF ZOE OR TAMARA OR ESPECIALLY LACEY.

I don't have to pretend to care about Lacey because I really do care about Lacey because I'm not a soulless beast.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I wouldn't have minded seeing Lacey if she'd done something interesting, but she's Lacey, so that's not very likely to have been the case.

CaptainWacky

Well that's not Lacy's fault, it's the writers for not having her do anything except get passed around from terrorist to terrorist to be tortured. :rwmad:

Yes it was a good episode.

I was expecting Clarice to snap the baby's neck at the end even though that would have made no sense.

BY YOUR COMMAND.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I was especially happy to see Esai's O face! lol

It was great to finally see Daniel working on what I think is really going to be a big part of what makes the Cylons so human-like.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Amanda/Daniel's behaviour was very Baltar/Six-like. Not that he actually created Six, but still an interesting parallel.

Moral of the story, as usual; sex leads to genocide.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
WTF? :rwmad: