OMG they canceled Medium!!!!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
And My Name is Earl (meh)

Ethan Suplee, who played loveable buffoon Randy Hickey in My Name Is Earl, used Twitter to vent his frustration.

"Just got the call that My Name Is Earl has been cancelled," he wrote. "They sure did take their time with that decision... or rather informing us of it."

CBS Studios, which makes Medium for the NBC network, said it was not ready to give up on its show.

In a statement, it blasted the network's decision as "inexplicable to us".

"Medium outperforms many of NBC's renewed shows," it continued.

It is possible that Medium will move to another channel, while My Name Is Earl's producers said their show could be picked up by the Fox or ABC networks.

Shows which have been re-commissioned include spy comedy Chuck and crime procedural Law & Order.

THOSE BASTARDS!!

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Never heard of it.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It's probably on your never ending DVR list of shows you'll never get around to watching. Somewhere between Jericho and BSG.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
I never watched much of My Name is Earl, but what I did see it seemed to be a good show.

I never got into Medium. If however its getting descent ratings canceling it doesn't seem logical, unless the cost of making it is too high. If that is the case, they could just cut the episode order instead of canceling it.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
My Name Is Earl got shit after its first season. My mum stopped watching it.

Let's blame Medium's cancellation on JOSS WHEDON somehow as Terminator fans are doing on IMDB.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Medium was a nice show. I watched the first season, but it came on opposite something else I liked to watch the second season so I stopped watching, OMG IT'S ALL MY FAULT.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
CBS already picked up Medium, so that show is saved. It will air Fridays at 9, opposite Ugly Betty in its new (doomed) timeslot on ABC.

There are rumors that ABC might pick up Earl, but there hasn't been as much news on that so far.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
ABC did pick up Scrubs from NBC for that shows final season. So perhaps they will pick up My Name is Earl for however many seasons it could go on.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Scrubs is returning for another season, but without half (or all) of its cast. Zach Braff is supposed to do 6 episodes, and the janitor guy already found a new show. The creators aren't sure yet whether they'll just bring in new characters to the same hospital (like ER) or do a complete reboot with a different hospital and everything.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Why won't ABC pick up Terminator? THE BASTARDS.

CaptainWacky

Why don't they just Scrubs FUCKING END?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
CBS already picked up Medium, so that show is saved. It will air Fridays at 9, opposite Ugly Betty in its new (doomed) timeslot on ABC.

There are rumors that ABC might pick up Earl, but there hasn't been as much news on that so far.

Yaaaaaaaayyyy!! :D

Medium must cost peanuts to make compared to most other "genre" shows. There are hardly any special effects and the drama basically all happens either in Allison's home or her office, aside from the murder/kidnapping of the week. Cheap as chips! Very good though, the cast are all excellent and the mysteries are usually well written, although the odd one can be stupidly simple.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
TOPHER AIN'T IN TERMINATOR :rwmad:

Big Dick McGee

He's still responsible for it being cancelled. His salary could have paid for 3-4 seconds of SFX shots.

CaptainWacky

Fox actually asked Whedon if they should renew Terminator too and he said "nah!" :rwmad:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yaaaaaaaayyyy!! :D

Medium must cost peanuts to make compared to most other "genre" shows. There are hardly any special effects and the drama basically all happens either in Allison's home or her office, aside from the murder/kidnapping of the week. Cheap as chips! Very good though, the cast are all excellent and the mysteries are usually well written, although the odd one can be stupidly simple.
Part of the reason CBS picked it up is that CBS Productions owns the show; it's cost-efficient to them to be running the shows that their corporate sisters produce.

Also, NBC only wanted 13 episodes, but Patricia Arquette's contract calls for her to get paid for 22 episodes, rain or shine.

Between Medium running after Ghost Whisperer, and Ugly Betty running after Supernanny, maybe more people might actually stay home and watch TV on Fridays.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Me and Jenny watched Earl season one and loved it so much we bought the DVDs as soon as the show ended, but when season two came on by four episodes in we had stopped watching it, we couldn't believe the drop off in quality and just all round unfunnyness.

Big Dick McGee

I swear, I'm sick of "not counting" in ratings demographics. I mean, I'm 37, I'm making more money than I ever have in my life. Sure I have a kid (with one more to be added soon, I hope), but I still have more disposable income than ever before. I cannot remember the last time I went out on a Friday night. I mean, to be honest, I'm too fucking tired to do much more than sex up LG and play Guitar Hero Metallica after a long work week. I'm thankful that Dollhouse is on Friday night, it gives me something to watch other than the Food Network. I wish there were a couple more quality shows on Friday night. :(

Dr Dave

pillzlol
Scrubs is returning for another season, but without half (or all) of its cast. Zach Braff is supposed to do 6 episodes, and the janitor guy already found a new show. The creators aren't sure yet whether they'll just bring in new characters to the same hospital (like ER) or do a complete reboot with a different hospital and everything.

I would say that seems pointless... but I don't watch the show.

Am I the only one who doesn't find that show funny?