Post your Soprano Predictions here! Who will die?

Mirah

I love you
And who will survive?
I think Janice Soprano will die, and I think Tony will have some involvement in that. Would Tony Soprano off his own family?
Will Carmela Soprano ever die in this last season?
Will Tony ever fuck his psyciatrist?
Will there be a Soprano Movie?
Who will star in it? The cast from the Sopranos?
Will Adriana make a surprise return? (Doubtful-unless in dream sequences)
Will Meodow Soprano remain as hawt as always? (of course!)

Being that I didn't get into the show until last year-and am still trying to catch up on episodes I may not know all of the story lines and what not, but I've caught myself up on the jist of it all. Somehow I fell in love with this show.
Who will die first?

C

Cloudy

I think at the end, Tony should die - make it like a greek tragedy or something

Tyrant

Who fucking cares? People who enjoy that show need to be shot, stabbed, 'roughed up,' extorted, etc. We'll see if they continue watching it.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Mirah said:
And who will survive?
I think Janice Soprano will die, and I think Tony will have some involvement in that. Would Tony Soprano off his own family?

If he hasn't killed her by now, he's not going to. If she dies it will be a result of someone else's actions.

Will Carmela Soprano ever die in this last season?

I'm hoping that she'll run off with Furio as soon as AJ is in college.

Will Tony ever fuck his psyciatrist?

He'd have to rape her. I highly doubt he'd do that. There's no way she'd screw him.

Will there be a Soprano Movie?
Who will star in it? The cast from the Sopranos?

The last HBO show that got spinoff movies was Tales From the Crypt. Those all tanked. I doubt HBO will do that again. Besides, the target audience for that movie would be really small. There's no fiscal positve for a Sopranos movie.

Will Adriana make a surprise return? (Doubtful-unless in dream sequences)

She will most likely show up in dream sequences. Yes, you're right. I doubt that she'd appear in any other way.

Will Meodow Soprano remain as hawt as always? (of course!)

As of the end of Season Five, she's getting married. I doubt she'll stay hawt forever.

Being that I didn't get into the show until last year-and am still trying to catch up on episodes I may not know all of the story lines and what not, but I've caught myself up on the jist of it all. Somehow I fell in love with this show.
Who will die first?

There's a lot you're missing from the questions you're asking. Pay close attention to seasons two and three. That's where a majority of the character development is. Four and five people get switched around. The revolving door of characters is difficult to keep track of. Stick to Chris, Tony and his family, Johnny Sack, and Jen Melfi.

My guess is that AJ is going to go into the "family life." He started doing some silly shit at the end of S5.

New York is going to go though some major upheval. Since Sack is in jail and there's no real replacement for the head of the New York five families there's going to be a lot of territory debating. The Jersey family is going to prosper from it as suggested in S5 with the war between Sack and Little Carmine.

Junior is probably going to die. He needs to. All he contributes to the show is being annoying and bothering Bobby.

If Junior dies, I see Bobby taking up a larger role in the family. He's been kept on the sidelines for too long. They're going to need another informant. Bobby might be it. However, that's too reminiscent of Pussy B. Yet, it could happen. "He's a family man. That's their favorite target."

Chris is probably going to go through some major changes. He's definitely going to take up a larger role as a leader in the Soprano family. This could set up the finalle of the season for him overthrowing Tony or replacing him if he dies. Of course, he could go the other way and get out entirely. He could put a lot of his energies into his writing and just split.

As always, Tony's going to need another Gumar. He lost the last one to being horribly disfigured by fire. Although, I'm positive that it will push Carmella over the edge. Which might lead to two consequences. She goes to the FBI to turn him over or she leaves him for good.

That's all I've got right now.

Tyrant

^INCREDIBLE, OR WHAT?!?! I HOPE SOMEONE DIES A GRUESOME DEATH TOO BECAUSE IM AMEWIKAN, PROUD AND FWEE AND ITCHING FOR BLOODLETTING!

Tyrant

OK!

Number_6

beer, I want beer
I think Tony will die. I can't see any other way to end the show properly.

Number_6

beer, I want beer
Jail makes sense in the real world, but it doesn't rise to tragic proportions, as Cloudscum has pointed out.

I can't see how they'd do a Tony goes to jail final episode without the audience feeling cheated. It would be as bad as the Seinfeld finale. Even if Tony were to go to jail because someone close to him betrayed him, it would still work better if he were killed because he was betrayed.

Mirah

I love you
Sardonica said:
I don't think so.

I've held the same prediction since watching the pilot episode: I predict that Tony ends up forced to choose between protecting his "family" and his Family. Faced with the decision, he will sing in court, doing what he must to protect his wife and kids. They will end up in a witness relocation program.

Sopranos, after all, are songbirds. ;)

Edit: That said, killing Tony isn't out of the realm of possibility---but I stand by my prediction. He will sing to save his biological family. If he's "offed" at the last minute for doing so... all the more tragic. :)
Nice conclusion I like it. And I could possibly see Conchaga's prediction too.
What if he just died? From all the stress and medical stress he puts on his body? Right before he would be offed-he just dies. Now that would be funny.
I don't see watching the last season of Sopranos in court-that would not be very enjoyable-they would have to make it one episode-but I don't see that happening, I hope not anyway.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Since Junior's trial lasted for the majority of a season, I can agree. Any trial could not be only one episode long. He's gonna croak.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Turning Carm agains Tony would be too much of a repeat of Chris and Adriana.

I see a competetor taking Tony out. Or, he kills himself.

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
I see Anthony Jr getting killed by accident and tony going on an unholy vendetta the likes of which has not been seen since prohibition. I also see him refusing to give the vendetta up and eventually his own family takes him out.

C

Cloudy

I think the most fundamental issue will be AJ's future - will he follow in his father's footsteps or not? do Tony or Carmalla want him to?

also, maybe christopher never really forgives Tony for killing adriana, and will eventually betray him.

C

Cloudy

]I've always gotten the impression that AJ will not follow in Tony's footsteps and Tony knows it. Simply because he's obviously not cut out for it---something which Tony regrets and resents, but also, deep down, is thankful for.

yes, I think there will be a lot of soul-searching on the future of the soprano 'family' and perhaps the future of the mafia as a whole - perhaps the younger generation don't have the ability to continue in the same vein.

whatever happens, I'm pretty confident that it'll be well thought-through and well done - emotional and dramatic, while keeping with the subtely ironic tone of the series. I really hope they don't fuck it up....

the last I heard, season 6 was gonna be the usual number of episodes with 10 extra tacked on - is this still true? and will they show them all at once?