CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Should I kill Hitler?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Who's the best female celebrity?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
How many times should I play a state lottery and lose before I can sue the state for damages roughly the same amount as a typical seven-figure jackpot?

Mirah

I love you
Do you think I should answer my questions when I am not in the right mind? In other words, should I start smoking pot?
Just kidding.

Mirah

I love you
Speaking of a clear head-say this happened.

An individual gets so intoxicated one evening that it isn't until the next day that the individual discovers he sold his car to another patron in the bar the evening before. The question now is whether that individual can avoid the contract with the patron in the bar for the purchase and sale of the car. Can the contract be avoided?

Support your answer with a reasoned legal analysis.

Mirah

I love you
Alabama Law

Fact: An Alabama statute provided that a woman, a married woman could not sell her land without the consent of her husband. A married woman attempted to do just that. Her husband did not give permission and it made the contract void. The person purchasing the land sued the couple saying the law is unconstitutional.

Knowing what you do about the constitution, give your analysis about the situation.

For further research

Peddy v Montgommery 345 So 2d 631 (Ala 1977)

Mirah

I love you
Question for Everybody

Please read about "E-Commerce & Cyberlaw – Contact Formation on the Internet" campaign on page 297 (Principles page 271) of your textbook and share your thoughts on electronic consent to contracts on the online discussion board.

When signing up for a service, downloading content, or conducting other tasks on the Internet, do you typically read any portion of the service provider's agreement before clicking "Yes" to indicate that you agree to its terms and/or give your consent to the web site owner?
Why or why not?

Does the type of service or content you are requesting (i.e. downloading music versus opening an online bank account) determine whether or not you are likely to read these?

Do you generally view these on-line agreements to be as binding as those that you agree to and physically sign off-line? Explain.

Mirah

I love you
I found his answers amusing as well. I didn't find it amusing that had I not put that anti-serious message at the end of my post you or Dr Dave might have actually taken me seriously.

Which part is the 10 %?

Dr Dave

pillzlol
Speaking of a clear head-say this happened.

An individual gets so intoxicated one evening that it isn't until the next day that the individual discovers he sold his car to another patron in the bar the evening before. The question now is whether that individual can avoid the contract with the patron in the bar for the purchase and sale of the car. Can the contract be avoided?

Support your answer with a reasoned legal analysis.

If the individual was in fact impaired, and thus was not competent to enter into any contracts/agreements the contract could be voided.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
Please read about "E-Commerce & Cyberlaw – Contact Formation on the Internet" campaign on page 297 (Principles page 271) of your textbook and share your thoughts on electronic consent to contracts on the online discussion board.

When signing up for a service, downloading content, or conducting other tasks on the Internet, do you typically read any portion of the service provider's agreement before clicking "Yes" to indicate that you agree to its terms and/or give your consent to the web site owner?
Why or why not?

Does the type of service or content you are requesting (i.e. downloading music versus opening an online bank account) determine whether or not you are likely to read these?

Do you generally view these on-line agreements to be as binding as those that you agree to and physically sign off-line? Explain.

Most people don't read them I think. The companies have them to protect themselves.

Mirah

I love you
Dear Judge Dave,
I am writing a paper about a guy who has been accused of a terrible horrible crime. Only he has not done it. Unfortunately the only information I can find is if someone is a victim of the crime.
There is not a lot of help for someone in this man's position.

I can't even write it here.
The guy was taken advantage of by a 15 year old girl (who isn't all there) but she doesn't understand and the parents want to press charges, saying he should have known better-but he didn't do anything and nothing happened. She just got naked in front of him and then later said it was his fault.

Seriously try and find information about this! I can't!

Mirah

I love you
Yeah

Ok lets talk about negotiable instruments!

A negotiable instrument is an unconditional promise or order to pay a fixed sum of money that is payable to bearer or order, is payable on demand or at a definite time and does not state any other undertaking or instruction in addition to the payment of money. A negotiable instrument is a signed, written promise or order to pay a specific sum of money. Written or electronic permissible.

What

Dr Dave

pillzlol
You promise to pay somebody, you have to pay them when they demand it, unless you've set a date.

All you do is pay them, and there are no other strings attached, like having to jump up and down and sing a song about cats or some such.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
You promise to pay somebody, you have to pay them when they demand it, unless you've set a date.

All you do is pay them, and there are no other strings attached, like having to jump up and down and sing a song about cats or some such.

If they don't have the money when you demand it, are you legally allowed to break their legs or chop off a finger or two?