Remember when I told you guys I plan on buying a Motorcycle?

starguard

Unluckiest Charm in the Box
I still do, but wouldnt it be great if I could get away with something like this :twisted:

[youtube]l_v22zPL86s[/youtube]

Homo Erectus

those all have very small engines. You need about a 500 cc minimum to ride comfortable on the road. Take that as you will but...

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
staryeyedguard, dude....u need enough power to get out of any tricky situation in a hurry with any vehicle esp bikes.

dont be scared & get some decent fang under u

eloisel

Forever Empress E
never mind.

I don't like that video.

starguard

I tend to like this one here ( old shool steampunk) :techman:

Please take note that this will be my very first road bike. Until I get the experience needed to keep up with the big dogs, I have to roll with the poodles for a while. :)

This has a top speed of 80+ mph and should make a pretty good cruiser. I alot (and I mean A LOT) of people have been either killed or paralyzed out there by trying to ride bikes that they were not ready for (mainly sports bikes),or from trying to ride beyond their experience and abilities

I'm just a newbie (or squid) as they call it, and still have to get the hang of things first.

;)

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I find it strange you have a fit over killing a food animal but find it funny to kill a pet dog. :(

starguard

I find it strange you have a fit over killing a food animal but find it funny to kill a pet dog. :(

Poor poochie wasnt really killed. Im sure the biker most likely let the leash go right before gunning it (just to scare his wife) :lol:

I'm sure her dog was just fine :cool:

Homo Erectus

we have no evidence of that. you are making things up. Dog died a tragic death imo. Nice looking bike but you're gonna regret the missing cc's really fast.

starguard

we have no evidence of that. you are making things up. Dog died a tragic death imo. Nice looking bike but you're gonna regret the missing cc's really fast.

I'm sure the producers that made that commercial would not allow anything to happen to poor little "Pooch Mooch" without being slammed by almost every animal rights group in existance! :D

...and I fear you are right about missing power, I will miss the extra cc's really fast. This will only be intended to be kept as a Learner Bike. Once Ive mastered it, thats when I plan to trade her in "or sell her off" for something stronger.

:cool:

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Maybe the producers didn't but you know there are people everywhere who have watched that little video and think it would be funny to do the same thing - drag the dog behind a speeding motorcycle.

You've caused me a great deal of stress over that dog.

starguard

Maybe the producers didn't but you know there are people everywhere who have watched that little video and think it would be funny to do the same thing - drag the dog behind a speeding motorcycle.

You've caused me a great deal of stress over that dog.

Im pretty sure this is where that biker guy took him ;)

[youtube]LJ2iDn_FAvk[/youtube]

starguard

I told a buddy of mines about what you said about missing cc's really fast, and this was his response :lol:

I agree, small capacity bikes are way more fun, It is always better to use 100% of a smaller engine than 30% of a larger one, Owning a large capacity super sports bike, is like having a 10 inch cock, but only being able to use the first 3 inches.

:rofl:

Consumer

Elder Statesman
I tend to like this one here ( old shool steampunk) :techman:

Please take note that this will be my very first road bike. Until I get the experience needed to keep up with the big dogs, I have to roll with the poodles for a while.

It's a "thumper", 1 cylinder. Usually they have a lot of torque but very slow to build RPM's, and your power will REALLY fall off in the upper band. Do Not Buy that bike, especially as a first one. It will pull hard low (which you don't want) and die high. Worst of both worlds.

However, that's up to you. Can I get your stuff?

TheArtist

cookie?
You're an idiot if you buy that. You can get a used bike for less.

Especially in winter.

"There is no replacement for displacement."

starguard

The first tow I can do without, but the second two were really great scores :techman:

I found a few on craigslist that were promising as well. I FINALLY got my W2 form today so I can get my taxes started. Hopefully I should get a refund by Valentines day and by then should have found something decent.

Thanks for posting those links dude... :cool: