Rick and Morty

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I'm still behind by a week because I watch on Netflix. Really liked last week's. It felt like the first proper episode of the season, with multiple, interesting storylines going on, lots of good jokes and some melancholy that can take you off guard.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
A SLAVE TO THE NETFLIX MACHINE.

CaptainWacky

Holy shit this week's.

CaptainWacky

He said "granite" instead of "granted"!

CaptainWacky

So did Beth run out on her family and leave a clone? Seems likely.

CaptainWacky

If only Keith David really was the president.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
That’s way too many. The latest season already buckled under the pressure, how will 70 more episodes get better?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
BRING ON POOCHIE!

CaptainWacky

It could be 70 episodes over like twenty years.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
It had its moments but from watching the episodes and behind the scenes stuff I think they felt a lot of pressure to out do themselves, so they ended up trying a little too hard. The first season especially is really good because there obviously weren’t massive expectations and they could have fun and take risks, but now I think they’re more inclined to play it safe and give us more of what has worked in the past, just on a grander scale. So you get episodes like the Pickle Rick one which are okay, but just feel a bit too try hard.

CaptainWacky

(I liked Pickle Rick.)

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

Season 3 is still really good. It's true they made Rick a bit more extreme (to the point where I thought they were going to have Morty end up killing him) but I think Pickle Rick worked because you were supposed to know Rick was being silly going on a murderous rampage as a pickle just to avoid therapy and he got his comeuppence from the therapist at the end of the episode. Of course some fans didn't really get it and thought they were supposed to be cheering Rick on when he was at his worst and then they smashed up a McDonald's or something but let's not talk about them.

The Rickmantis Mixup episode was amazing.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I did like the Pickle Rick episode, but it worried me that they were escalating the obsurdity of the show. Basically I don’t want it to become the Simpsons.

CaptainWacky

Yep it's a split season thing so we get five new episodes in three years, ooh wee!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Maybe it's so we can get a COMMUNITY MOVIEezndfzgkdfhgnz.