Router and Playstation questions

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I can plug the dsl modem into the wireless router, and the wireless router into the desktop? THAT WOULD BE COOL.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Yep. I actually have two linked wireless routers hooked up to my cable modem, but I do everything wired anyway. Since I work from home, my workstation has to be wired and takes up 2 jacks (internet & VOIP). And because of the way my IT has things rigged, I couldn't use the router that came with my upgraded broadband last Dec., and had to hook up my old router to the new router so that my IT people can still remote in to my workstation. And they lost the password to access the wireless so my own 2 laptops are wired to the router as well, plus my Wii when I'm using it.

I SWIM IN A BOWL OF ETHERNET SPAGHETTI.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
IRONICALLY MY INTERNET WENT OUT WHILE I WAS TRYING TO TELL YOU ALL HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU.

Tomorrow I'm gonna go to town and look for a wireless router. THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT.

Centurylink has great tech support also.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I HAVE KARMA BOMBED THE THREAD. FOR LUCK.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just installed a Cisco Linksys E1200 wireless N router ALL BY MYSELF! Also, I got a new pair of flip flops.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just got the playstation connected and updated. I was hoping I had an extra set of rca plugs on the TV so I wouldn't have to undo the satellite receiver when I want to use the PS3 but I GUESS I DON'T :rwmad: There are lots of places to plug things in but they're not red white and yellow.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
If your TV has a spare HDMI port there's really no reason not to pick up a cheap HDMI cable so you can get the PS3 looking it's best AND you don't have to unplug anything.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Does your TV have a component video input? You could pick up a component cable set at any WalMart or Target, and your game picture will probably be better than the satellite.

(Edit: I also thought of HDMI, but I was thinking Cassie's TV might be older, and there might be more chance of component-in than HDMI-in) HI TOMTREK!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I do have an HDMI cable and a big new TV (well, it's about a year old or so). I bought the gold cables like you told me to, TOMTREK... LOL JUST KIDDING. So I can just connect the ps3 to the tv with the HDMI cable and not worry about the RCA jacks?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Yes. From the HDMI port on the back of the TV to the HDMI port on your TV is all you need. Then you can do HIGH DEFINITION.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
^what he said, that's the only way to get 1080 out of the ps3 anyway and as an added bonus YOU NOW HAVE A FREE BLU-RAY PLAYER :D

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I read all these threads about internets and game hookups at y'alls homes, and I cry inside.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I connected the pandigital novel PIECE OF SHIT ereader WIRELESSLY today. I still haven't figured that some-bitch out, but if I had a FaceRape acct I could access it from the ereader. I'd much rather open the fuckdamn books and read them :rwmad: Somehow I wiped out the fbreader thingy that was on it, and now I don't know which one to download AND OTHER STUFF.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
SOOOO... that Playstation home thing is WEIRD. Some random person told me I was pretty. ANYWAY.

Post your playstation names so I can add you to my friends. I am MandySCG.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
my ps3 shit the bed weeks ago, I use wii these days