Shatner can actually act...

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
Saw the end of "Wrath of Khan" the other night.

His scene at Spocks funeral is actually quite wonderful. I cried (not really, but you get my drift)

Then FUCKIN SCOTTY BURSTS OUT THE BAGPIPES LIKE A RIGHT MING MONG.

He really knows how to spoil the moment.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
you son of parents who lived together without benifit of clergy!
Are you slagging the bagpipes, then!?!?! :rwmad:

Shats acting was quite good in TWOK. However, I would not recommend watching ST:V or Generations directly after. It could cause you serious mental harm and/or confusion.

whisky

Boobie inspector
He needs a strong director to bring out the best in him.

Meyer got the job done.

Mind you, the klingon bastards scene from III isnt bad either.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Yeah, when he's given good material (and according to some behind the scenes people, lots and lots of takes) he can be really good. There was a scene at the end of the otherwise awful Shit My Dad Says pilot where he pulled off a really touching moment or two before the next dreadful punchline crashed in.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
^ and that's exactly why I'm really ambivalent about that show...I want to be on board with the Shat, but...

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
He was really great in Boston Legal.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
DENNY CRANE.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
bagpipeskjsa-o.gif

See - COMPLETELY INNAPROPRIATE USE OF BAGPIPES

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
He did some good acting in Boston Legal in the more seriouus "I'm going to die soon!" moments.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Say what you want about the guy, he manages to get on hit shows again and again. He must have something going for him...

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Well he's on shit shows again and again too, but they get cancelled and everyone forgets them.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Well he's been acting 50 years, and hes been in three hit shows, vulcans shag more often than that.

Still he does better than Scott Bacula, hes only been in one hit show.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Not technically true. Trek was not exactly a first time hit, but it has had fifty years of staying power based partly on the Shat. meanwhile, TJ Hooker, Boston Legal, this new one, and enough Trek movies to choke a horse. You don't keep getting jobs unless you have something people want to see...ask Tina Yothers.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I know what The Shat has that I want to see.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
HE LIKES HORSEYS.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
Saw the end of "Wrath of Khan" the other night.

His scene at Spocks funeral is actually quite wonderful. I cried (not really, but you get my drift)

Then FUCKIN SCOTTY BURSTS OUT THE BAGPIPES LIKE A RIGHT MING MONG.

He really knows how to spoil the moment.

The bagpipes help make the scene what it is (a sad and touching one).

Robert "Monkey" Loggia

Mongoloid Biscuit Beast
The man has received numerous acting awards, including Emmy awards. I think it is safe to say that he can act.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I am sure Mountain Dew has won some kind of "soft drinks industry" awards. Doesn't mean it tastes good.

Anyway - I think we are all agreed here, now fuck off cunts before I neg you all for not starting some kind of fight.