She-Hulk: Attorney At Law

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
Incidentally, do NOT do a Google Image Search for "She Hulk nipples." Yikes.

A Google Image Search for "Jennifer Aniston nipples" is fine.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I watched the first episode and whilst I didn't think it was great by any stretch there is some potential there. The island stuff was generally quite good although I did feel Ruffalo was phoning it in a bit with the voice acting and there is still a bit of uncanny valley going on when she transforms. It had some fun moments and I'll watch a few more before I decide if I'm in or out.

I have to say the absolute shit-fit dudebros are having over this show is very amusing though. I was waiting for something way worse than what ended up being a slightly heavy-handed segment with Bruce. THAT was what all the tears and outrage were about over this show? Really? Just lol.

I didn't think it was a particularly well-written bit but Jesus wept, the meltdowns online over this show...

Angry Joe getting attacked for not completely trashing it and his response after sums up my feelings really well over this latest WOKE ABOMINATION.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
People are really dumb.

The Question

Eternal
It's feminazi garbage. Ho fuckin' hum, what a biiiiiiig surprise.

The Question

Eternal
Taste is subjective; that doesn't make anybody 'really dumb'. Some people like to be pounded in the ass with absurd, hamfisted, third-wave feminist lectures. Some don't. You'll understand when you grow up. If you grow up.

whisky

Boobie inspector
I remember a film that had a woman who was better at her job than her male equivalents, who kicked ass over enemies much stronger than her, and said things that if listened too would have prevented many bad things from happening.

Her name was Ellen Ripley.

The Question

Eternal
Yes, you've already made that statement. It was useless the first time. Useless the second time. Useless the third time. Repeat it again and see if that makes any difference.

The Question

Eternal
I remember a film that had a woman who was better at her job than her male equivalents, who kicked ass over enemies much stronger than her, and said things that if listened too would have prevented many bad things from happening.

Her name was Ellen Ripley.
Fun fact: Ripley didn't hop out of character to sermonize. And while she was better at her job than her male equivalents, she wasn't unrealistically flawless right from the jump. Much like Sarah Connor, she grew into an individual who could plausibly defeat the Big Bad.

Criticizing lazy, stupid, "woke" garbage isn't "really dumb." It's reflective of an insistence on quality writing.

This version of She-Hulk literally "out-Hulked" the Hulk on Day One. No growing into it. No getting accustomed to it. This is the kind of character who, in the Terminator franchise, would roll her eyes at Sarah Connor, then pummel the T-800 in a fistfight the first time she encounters it. Just another Rey, another worthless, lazy, self-insert "Magical Girl" trope for feminazis and their woketurd simps who put "The Message" ahead of storytelling.

whisky

Boobie inspector
They wanted the Bruce stuff for episode 8 and she would have just started already a hulk before the final flashback origin story, Disney had a last second panic and forced it into episode one instead.

The Question

Eternal
And it shows. But that's only part of the problem. The bigger part is that Bruce Banner has been through some extraordinarily traumatic shit. Squads of armored cavalry trying to kill him, fending off an alien invasion with his bare hands, fighting an army of murderbots with his bare hands, getting suplexed down the core of a fucking skyscraper, channeling cosmic forces through his body kind of shit. He's been dealing with that shit for a decade.

Little girl got catcalled.

Yeah, she's waaaaay better at dealing with serious mind wrecking John Carpenter-level body horror trauma.

Oh. Kay. :gagh:

Not judging, though. If people like this kind of lazy, stupid Mary Sue shit, more power to ya. I happen to think it's offensively badly written fucking garbage.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
People, people... I feel we're getting off-topic here: The absence of She-Hulk's CGI high-beams. Heck, I was watching a "Jeopardy!" rerun today and brainy hot Canadian nerd Mattea Roach totally revealed not only a perky but a pierced perky today. If we can have nerd nips we gorram well should be able to have nips for nerds. [Well, the TK media function appears to be down. And the one link I can find with the relevant screencap will not work properly. So you'll either have to google for yourself or something else.]

Last edited:

The Question

Eternal
There you go again, keeping us all on mission.

Eh, never mind, she's a dyke, lost interest.

Not that I hold it against her, or anything, but it's like seeing a sculpture of a topless broad. It's like, "Yuh huh, okay, nothing to get excited about."

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
3rd episode was fun and felt more like a sitcom than the first two. Two court cases if that matters to people! It was good how they predicted the awful youtube backlash. Everyone saying "Megan Thee Stallion" so much felt a bit awkward but sometimes sitcoms are like that?

The mid credit scene is sure to go down well with certain cunts!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
She broke the 4th wall!

I think this show is fun to watch. I'm glad it's a bit silly and lighthearted. There's too much darkness in teh world.

Volpone

Zombie Hunter
I've think I've got the 1990s John Byrne run laying around somewhere (unless I culled it). I remember it being quite entertaining. But the last time I tried to reread it, it wasn't as entertaining as I remembered it. They had a...2 parter?...where She-Hulk met Nosferata, a female Batman parody who drove the Nosferauto instead of the Batmobile.