Sherlock Holmes (2009 movie) thread.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I don't like Guy Ritchie films. And I don't really like anything I've seen of this so far. I don't mind Serlock Holmes, though!

But probably not.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I love Robert Downey Jr, but I hardly ever go to the movies because I live in BFE. I would go see it if it wasn't such a hassle. I will definitely see it when it hits HBO or Showtime.

Grandtheftcow

Grand Wizard of TK
On the fence.

Normally I'd dismiss it as some shit movie I'll never watch, but Robert Downey Jr is awesome.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It looks a bit actiony. Of course that could be the trailers putting all the action scenes in to make it appear to be an action movie. And maybe the Holmes books were full of huge action set pieces (I haven't read them.)

CaptainWacky

Maybe the movie is about an alien called Sherlock Holmes.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
the premise is a bit...odd for Holmes fans,(a buff Holmes? C'mon!) but YES YES YES to Robert Downey Jr so I'll be seeing it.
He better have some naked parts showing though.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Not sure what to make of it so far. It looks like Sherlock Holmes in name only.

curiousa2z

indeed it does. is nothing sacred? Well, it's not like Conan Doyle is around to sue Hollywood.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It might be very clever and good. Or it might also be this:

[YOUTUBE]B1KlzGJw_Gw[/YOUTUBE]

Be careful!

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
It looks like they're really gone super over the top with some of the aspects of Holmes life. Yes, he was a bare knuckle boxer and he had a drug problem and various other "issues" as well but from the trailer they've turned him in to the last action hero and it looks like such a cash in on the name.

It's big and expensive and I'm sure the production will be second to none but the whole thing is off putting. I don't like what I see.

curiousa2z

I know, I know.....Robert Downey Jr to let us, erm, down?
I'm torn.

Ishcabittle

He better have some naked parts showing though.

sherlockdowneyjr_450x250.jpg

CaptainWacky

Do you think there will be lots of jokes about Madonna in it?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Maybe he'll make Rachel McAdams deliberately speak in a lousy British accent, and do yoga throughout the movie.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
I was pumped to see RD jr in this role, but then I saw an interview where they said they were basically stripping away all the "cliche Holmes" stuff like the pipe and hat and coat (and apparently the genius level observational skills) to make Holmes into a bona fide action hero.

Pass. I'll netflix it eventually, but brainless action movies suck.