Should I even link to offensive TrekBBs threads anymore?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I'm not sure why I still read TrekBBS. Just part of my routine, I suppose. For a forum with thousands of registered users it's amazing that every thread I read seems to have the same twelve or so annoying people posting. I don't hate any of them enough to start a "trekBBS cunt!" thread anymore (and I started those threads for people who weren't even cunts just because) I just kind of shake my head. And no one here even has an account there anymore. My occasional "check out this stupid TrekBBS!" thread in the MF were the only link to the old days where TK existed purely to discuss that board. It's like history is dying.

I don't know what the point of this thread was really.

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I actually enjoyed them. My internet diet is so slim now I appreciate people venturing out and reporting back.

I still remember Thor and him wanting to be normal. Was that TBBS?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I post there once every few months or so, just to keep from getting pruned, even though I have no desire to go there regularly anymore.

I have similar feelings about it, in that I can't leave it completely, even though I'm barely even welcome there anymore, because it's where all "this" started. And there are a few people who still go "Whoa! It's reunion week!" if I post in the Whatever Admiral's lounge.

Also, we have a sacred duty to keep the STARSCREAM ANNIVERSARY thread alive forever.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I like them, but then I have to keep asking who AdmiralOdo87 is because he reminds me of someone I think used to have an online relationship with INTERNETGIRL#8 but it turns out I was getting him confused with either OdoLvr4Evr74 or GelatinousWang2002 and the girl I thought he went out with was really castek all along anyway.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
I just logged in. This is what I got.

Welcome, Gagh.
You last visited: March 9 2010 at 06:13 PM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 30.

Damn. So close to a year!

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Time to post some of those old PMs.

May 3 2004
OmahaStar said:
Dude, what is your problem? Why are you dragging out 2 month old threads just to troll me?

(I didn't save what I sent back)

OmahaStar said:
I don't read song lyrics. If you have something to say, then say it.

(I didn't save my reply)

OmahaStar said:
3 warnings in as many months ... Yeah, that's a lot here, for a place where some people get that many in a day.

You're dragging up old history here. It was dead and buried ... For some reason, you've chosen to Frankenstein it ...

I had no problems with you. Frankly, I didn't even remember you at first. If you had a problem with me in the past, then I suggest you get over it. Leave it in the past where it was.

I am not fond of the admins at lonaf ... I haven't been for awhile now ... so I decided to leave. And yet people try to bring it back ...

You say it was my decision. It was not my decision to have access to various forums there restricted. Forums I had been in since the day we created the board were locked out ... After that happened, it was my decision to leave.

Tell me, since you seem to know all about me ... Why is that a problem? The last time I was there, which was for what, 2 days? ... I was actually quite nice to everyone. And still, I'm treated like a fungus.

It's not like there's a single person there who misses me anyway. Right?

(Again, No saving of the reply)

OmahaStar said:
It wasn't the fleets ... Those aren't even hidden (as far as I know), but collapsed. I am referring to the sections at the top ... ops, board room, whatever they're called. Joffre made the decision that he didn't want me to have access to any of those sections, so he removed my access. I asked John about it, and was told there was nothing he could do about it. Well, there's something I can do about it.

I mean really, in 5 months I've been there what ... 5 times? What exactly am I going to do in there? It was Joffre's power trip ... THAT is what I'm talking about, not the fleet section down below. And it's funny ... John practically begged me to come back to the board ... It took a hell of a lot of convincing on his part (and I never have understood why he wanted me back). I did come back and in every post I made, I was nice. Intentionally so. I was a model poster ... and since Joffre couldn't find anything to get rid of me based on my posts, he found another way.

I didn't even post a goodbye ... just talked with John (again) ... I'm surprised you don't know anything about it. But feel free to ask Joffre. I'm sure he could spin it for you.

My last post ... I had someone PM me to let me know about a post saying I had deleted all the fleet info from my site, which was a lie Dan created. The fleets are still up and have been since the day I first posted that link (http://www.isnanchordesk.com/trekbbs/league) ... And the funny thing about that is, it's even linked on the front page of lonaf.com ...

So I went to the board and corrected Dan's lie. I wasn't aware I had been warned for correcting a lie. *shrug*

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
This is shortly after Kass warned me for referring to Keiko O'Brien as 'Cakehole O'Brien' (this was reversed - 23 August 2003)

Actually, I would have preferred as well that Lindley not comment since he is not a Misc. forum moderator and I will address that with him separately. That is not the issue for me however.

What is an issue is that when I asked you to let it go and told you I would get a second opinion as soon as one was available, you were flat out rude. Obviously I had read the thread since I commented in an on topic reply. I gave your post thought and had already decided to ask for a second opinion because while I don't think Jethro was trolling, nor do I think this is a TNZ topic, I decided to ask someone privately. There is no need to derail thread when a PM works just as well.

You can also use the notify mod button, but I often don't get those until in the evening because it goes to my e-mail at home.

Maybe I am more used to Jethro's rather crass sense of humor because I am often the target, but he was joking. That is the other reason I want a second opinion. I might be rather hardened to his comments. His point was the absurdity of a black prosthetic costing more than a whie one. He was hardly race-baiting.

And no, the bowler hat thread you alluded to would not go by.

Kass

Jesus tap dancing Christ. What do you want? A pound of flesh? I already told you twice that I might not be objectivein this particular instance and would ask theopinion of someone else. A little courtesy on your part and letting it go until I had a chance to catch Asyncritus or Hunter X (the only two other forum mods not on vacation).

I can see your argument that it could be suited for the wrong forum and disagree. The homosexual thread is worse than this one IMO, but it is also in Async's (we divvy them up because of the sheer numbers of threads and posts) threads and I will let him have the first go at it. I am sure it will come up when I get a chance to talk to him. He is on a different continent from me and I can't use messengers at work.

Like I said, I am used to tuning out Jethro because I am his favorite target, but I know he pisses people off. That is why I usually defer judgment to someone who hasn't had to put up with his crap and just take it as much as I have.

However, just because someone asks a question addressed to a particular ethinic/social group, does not immediately make it sensitive or controversial.

And yes, I agree jethro is pushing his limits. The problem is he hasn't crossed the line yet and if we warned him before he crossed the line, you and all the others would be yelling in MA about it.

kass

It isn't anger or yelling, it is exasperation. I can't even get a simple courtesy when I admit I know I am not the best judge in this instance. Just once, a "Okay, just wanted to let you know my side" or something other than insults to the mod staff or the derogatory comments about the state of Misc. topics in general would be nice for a change.

You want to improve the quality of Misc., start your own topics. I agree yours are generally better than most in there.

You aren't viewed as a bad egg, at least not by me. Like I said, your posts are usually well above par. You have the misfortune of being one of a barrage of PMs at the moment.

Sorry.

That's literally the first time I've read these since I received them :D

headvoid

Can I have Ops?
I should join with my new found knowledge of DS9.

I can get things just SLIGHTLY WRONG. I'm quite good at that.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Probably residual anger from whatever fight was going on at EFCL at the time... ;)

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Seemed like I'd siezed on something Jethro had posted just to push Kass' buttons. This is clarly different to the 'Cakehole O'Brien' debacle, and more appears to be me annoying her.

SHOCK!

SAUSAGEMAN

May 3 2004

(I didn't save my reply)

Who the fuck let a 14/15 year old have any kind of authority on a web forum, anyway?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Must have been all the post-9/11 PTSD.

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
Nobody could do drama better than Mitch, yet underneath it all, he was half decent. We exchanged Christmas cards once.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Kass was always so fucking annoying. I remember all those threads about her daughter, who she'd called "Little Kassette". WHAT A BITCH!

Aquehonga

Un Banned

May 3 2004

(I didn't save my reply)

OmahaStar should be permabanned from TBBS for his attitude. He's NOT a mod or an admin, but THINKS HE IS.

Omaha's a loathsome anal retentive cunt bitch.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
GRRL. You are so many laps behind us in this, you should just sit there and knit.