Single

Love Child

One Love
I think I am going to be single again. Single but not available. I think I will just concentrate on what needs to be done and not even worry about it. It's all good.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
One less bell to answer.
One less egg to fry.

Singledom is awesome most of the time.
Now, on those rare occasions when I wish I had a S.O. I go on a weekend trip with some of my married friends. Love the idea in theory but in practice it just isn't for me. My S.O. would have to live in his own house in another state, maybe even another country, and we chat on the phone once a week or so, maybe meet up for dinner once or twice a month. We could get together for a vacation trip on the holidays, exchange presents, catch up on all the news. He could come over and build me a deck, mow the lawn, trim some trees, do some house repairs, service my car. I'd like that. Would let him hang around for awhile, fix him dinner, maybe make him a sandwich while he watched football.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
One less bell to answer.
One less egg to fry.

Singledom is awesome most of the time.
Now, on those rare occasions when I wish I had a S.O. I go on a weekend trip with some of my married friends. Love the idea in theory but in practice it just isn't for me. My S.O. would have to live in his own house in another state, maybe even another country, and we chat on the phone once a week or so, maybe meet up for dinner once or twice a month. We could get together for a vacation trip on the holidays, exchange presents, catch up on all the news. He could come over and build me a deck, mow the lawn, trim some trees, do some house repairs, service my car. I'd like that. Would let him hang around for awhile, fix him dinner, maybe make him a sandwich while he watched football.

Sounds nice. I wish I lived closer to Texas. And knew about cars and cared about football lol.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
You are like a guy, except you are a girl.

Comes from being single a long time. My single men friends who have been single a long time are like that too. We'll all eventually wind up in the same old folks home and when our minds are completely gone we'll sneak into each others' rooms and drive the nursing staff crazy.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Why do you think you'll be single and unavailable? Some people enjoy being in a close relationship, it works for them. I envy, at least a little bit, those people.

kaonashi.shinu

Keeper of the Nether Eye
I spent years looking for someone to share life with. Actively searching and coming up trumps (meaning I dated no-one, ever). I decided to settle in to single life and enjoy it while I could - after all, it seems that it is mostly cultural pressure that pushes us in to the want for a relationship.

A few years after abandoning my quest for a mate, certain things came about that led me to discovering my beau. It was everything I thought it would be and much, much more.

I'm not saying people should forgo the search for love, or the opposite. Just do what feels comfortable and what makes sense for you right now. It doesn't hurt to use a little logic, too, as emotions can fuddle judgement and lead to regrets. Live your life, and if someone wants to join you for the ride, fine. If not, the ride is short: enjoy the view.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
It isn't so much about them wanting to come along for the ride. It is more about if I'm feeling up to making room on my unicycle.

SuN

.:~**~.~**~.~**~:.
I only ever want a man around to get laid & get blazed....im just not made for any of that emotion stuff.

But here....they stalk u and stuff and dont go away, like even if before anything happens....then they try to take ur cash, car and house

Mirah

I love you
I only ever want a man around to get laid & get blazed....im just not made for any of that emotion stuff.

But here....they stalk u and stuff and dont go away, like even if before anything happens....then they try to take ur cash, car and house

See, I wanted that right after my divorce, but now that it has been a few years it is/ was nice to have something different. Now that his S.O. has become more important and interested in his life-
Well, I just don't feel like having a sex only relationship.

omgwtf check my pulse.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
Just don't settle, Mirah. Do what you want, when you want, with whom you want, but for crissake DON'T SETTLE!!!!