Single

Falconarg

Rebel
Nice.

Get a
now.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
Sorry you are sad. Will be worse on Valentines. Then it will get better.

Mirah

I love you
There was a nice french guy at work today. Almost made a thread about him alone. But he is married, but after meeting him I decided I need to meet a nice French guy. Or at least a guy who is not already attached.

Jibbles

Shit Lord, Esq.
For the my child of love.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/c...edditors_feel_is_the_best_thing_about/c8cmod8

I get to hang out with me. I spent so much of my life walking around believing that only the love of another could complete me. I believed that if I worked hard enough to become the princely figure I'd seen in every movie, read about in every book, and heard about in every song that I could somehow become worthy of some elusive princess.
Well, I tried all that. I emulated the classic prince. I was the best boyfriend ever to a girl I really loved. She took me for granted. I was forced to gain a little self respect and drop her. It hurt. Worse than any pain I had felt before. It wasn't losing her that hurt. It was the pain of learning that my fairy tale perception of love was false that killed me.
I took her side even when I knew she was wrong. I bolstered her self image every chance I got. I made a big deal out of valentines day and stupid anniversaries taking it as far as booking a helicopter ride with roses and champagne. I made written notes of things she liked when we went shopping so I could give the best gifts. I always let her fully speak her piece in any argument, so we barely ever fought. The problem was, I required none of the same from her. The fairy tale perfect boyfriend is a fucking doormat.
So, with the exception of a few insignificant relationships here and there, I've been single for two years. I've abandoned the idea that I need someone else to complete me. And I've never been happier. I love me. I love my life. I love my friends. Maybe some day I'll fall hard in love again. Until then, I'm pretty stoked to just live my life as me, for me. When you abandon the pursuit of external love, you find the most powerful and lasting love of all. Self love. And I'm not talking about my relationship with my dominant hand.

NeonMercuryASH

beer, I want beer
I'm sorry you feel sad. I felt that way when I had to dump someone, because that someone was dragging me down. It was funny. He was hawt, but not in a way I'd want to wear. I simply grew accustomed. Then I got to miss him. But, it was doomed. You'll get over yours. Valentines will be good, because you can blow your kisses and not feel like cheating. You can be gorged and not feel you've gotten fat. You might even get lucky and leave with someone.

Enkephalen

My Stars!
I thought frat boys stealing panties was something guys did in the 50s. Or do you like to wear them like our MIA Loktar.