So who here in TK is expecting anything for Christmas?

I posting on an early Christmas present, new computer. It's purdy. I came with Windows 7. I quickly rectified that.

I'm getting a new shirt(was in the same room when my brother was out shopping and called my mom asking about our shirt sizes) and homemade fudge, and maybe more.

I posting on an early Christmas present, new computer. It's purdy. I came with Windows 7. I quickly rectified that.
Windows 7 is fine -- I've had my new laptop for months.

Just get Win 7 Pro or Ultimate and not the cheaper ones (actually pro is enough unless you plan on being multilingual -- that's the major extra with Ultimate)

It's getting ridiculous -- our clients all use PPT, but we have to keep 3 different versions of Office on our machines just to service everybody. I started using Office 2010 last week, but the majority of the work still comes in 2003.

CHRISTMAS? WHAT WILL I GET? I GET TO BUY A TRUCKLOAD OF GIFTS FOR ALL MY SISTER'S KIDS AND GRANDKIDS, AND I GET A GIFT CERTIFICATE TO CHILI'S IN A STOCKING IN SOMEONE ELSE'S HOUSE. OH AND THERES ALL THAT TENSION BETWEEN THE PEOPLE THAT HATE EACH OTHER, AND THE TOUCHY SUBJECT OF OUR INSANE RUNAWAY BROTHER LOL. THAT'S WHAT I GET STARGUARD YOU LITTLE PIPSQUEAK. SO I AM GONNA GORGE MYSELF ON TURKEY FOR A SOLID MONTH STARTING NEXT THURSDAY, AND I'M GONNA LOVE IT. suck THIS warhammer lolBONC

Let's see...My Christmas will consist of my mom and sister trying to outdo each other in the kitchen, and my sister getting drunk on chillable red, dad on his vodka tonic, Gary with his beer, me probably pill popping and drinking some amaretto, and mom calling all us a bunch of lushes. Someone (probably my sister) will trip/fall/run into something. I'll be playing videogames with my nephew, killing zombies while drunk off my ass, and my niece will be playing with her new guinea pig, Gilbert Charlie Robison.

Windows 7 is fine -- I've had my new laptop for months.

Just get Win 7 Pro or Ultimate and not the cheaper ones (actually pro is enough unless you plan on being multilingual -- that's the major extra with Ultimate)

It's getting ridiculous -- our clients all use PPT, but we have to keep 3 different versions of Office on our machines just to service everybody. I started using Office 2010 last week, but the majority of the work still comes in 2003.

C

I installed Ubuntu.

Oops...forgot to answer the question. I'm saving up for a new laptop with wireless capabilities so I can finally get THE INTERNETZ at my casa in the country.

That and a PS3 so I can play with all my fellow MFers.

Well, I'm Canadian and Santa's from the Hood so lolololololol on YOU, defender of fowl, I've SEEN the list!

(Santa brought it over and we were brainstorming over some eggnog. And you know, if the electric grid ever goes out again across North America, that lump of coal will come in handy. Just sayin).

Did you advise Santa to pay my mortgage? Or at least get him to arrange for my wife to change her mind that pesky little "no polygamy" rule?

I am getting a bottle of JD from my mum.

Told my wife not to get me anything, as she has just about bankrupted herself buying the rest of the family presents and paying for our sons birthday party (week before christmas), plus we have car tax to pay end of december.

I dont mind waiting till january for a present, and we might get something good in the sales.

Back