So who here in TK is expecting anything for Christmas?

I've been needing grandchildren for awhile. For a few years even borrowed other people's kids whose grandparents were out of the country and picked a few of those kid's names off the Angel Tree. Not that I just need to spend money on someone - that is easy enough to do - just had to fill that little "need grandchildren bad" hole in my otherwise pretty good life.

This year I have two pretty great almost step-grandchildren - 11 and 14. It is going to be an awesome Christmas.

that seems somewhat premature.

My mom, brother and I will have our annual cookie conference (who bakes what, why and how many) next weekend.

Couriousa2z, do you have any ideas yet what general type of recipe you're searching for? Veal, mutton, game, fish, pork, poultry, beef? Light or heavy? To be prepared in advance or last minute? Any ingredients you loathe/would absolutely love to have included?

Christmas is not Christmas without 2 kinds of cookies:

23668527456107212949.png

M&M Cookies

11001421976875469062.png

Hershey Kiss Peanut Butter Cookies

END OF STORY

I make rather good peanut butter kisses with the chocolate inside (less messy in a hot Californian winter)

I live in Texas - as hot or hotter than California. I do not find it messy to eat cookies with chocolate on the outside of the cookie. Granted, if I stick my fingers in soft chocolate I might have to lick the chocolate off my fingers. If Jack lived close by, I might even think about calling Jack to come lick the chocolate off my fingers. But, the chocolate would have been soft to begin with, not melted by our sometimes 79 degree winter days.

I ain't gettin nuthin for Xmas. I always pretend I'll buy stuff for myself but I really suck at it, I can't help but mentally budget and get all stingy when it comes to me.

I've never heard of them and googled the recipe. Can't promise anything but I'll try

You warm winter people are lucky! We get -20°C (-4°F) at noon in January. The nights are a bit cooler...

Don't worry about it, I'll eat pretty much any cookie or cake except rhubarb pie and carrot cake.

Back