SOPA. I wish this was a troll.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
The four most popular sites on the web are: Google, Facebook, Youtube and Yahoo.

This law will kill one of them outright (Youtube) and cripple the other three.

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Well, groups of us in the US are calling and petitioning our senators. Outside the US - I don't know - it's being pushed by Hollywood - they can be hurt from oversees sales I guess

Donovan

beer, I want beer
This isn't going to cripple any such thing. There are too many major money interests tied to the ongoing existence of the www and if you think Bill Gates, Apple and the money behind Google, Facebook and Youtube don't have plenty of clout you are sadly mistaken. Any bill that comes anywhere near squashing that money flow will be killed quicker than hell.
As for the people screaming oppression, murder, and evil government: please use your currently active Youtube account to look up "egypt" "syria" and "yemen" and be sure to memorize the instantly apparent difference between oppression and inconvenience...

Hambil

I AM A GOLDEN GOD
Murder is the end result of oppression. I'd like to think we can derail the train before we get there. I think beating priests is enough of a line for me.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Hambil sez-

Well, I an atheist, but I respect the history of activism in the church, like say Martin Luther King.

Being a priest is it's own reward. I encourage everyone except for myself to explore opportunities in the church as he or she sees fit.

I'm particularly fond of picturing 8th century english priests looking out the windows watching Vikings row in.

Archibald Nixon

anti-life coach
This isn't going to cripple any such thing. There are too many major money interests tied to the ongoing existence of the www and if you think Bill Gates, Apple and the money behind Google, Facebook and Youtube don't have plenty of clout you are sadly mistaken. Any bill that comes anywhere near squashing that money flow will be killed quicker than hell.
As for the people screaming oppression, murder, and evil government: please use your currently active Youtube account to look up "egypt" "syria" and "yemen" and be sure to memorize the instantly apparent difference between oppression and inconvenience...

Murder is the end result of oppression. I'd like to think we can derail the train before we get there...

3217.imgcache.gif

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
I think I'm going to write a guitar solo using the above as inspiration. It's somehow strangely hypnotic.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]1w6GtwOvnWM#![/YOUTUBE]

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]uvXo4sGB7zM[/YOUTUBE]

Don't cry, Disney owns the rights to that emotion.

Messy

Internet-giants-seriously-considering-nuclear-option-to-stop-SOPA

When the home pages of Google.com, Amazon.com, Facebook.com, and their Internet allies simultaneously turn black with anti-censorship warnings that ask users to contact politicians about a vote in the U.S. Congress the next day on SOPA, you'll know they're finally serious.

True, it would be the political equivalent of a nuclear option--possibly drawing retributions from the the influential politicos backing SOPA and Protect IP--but one that could nevertheless be launched in 2012.

"There have been some serious discussions about that," says Markham Erickson, who heads the NetCoalition trade association that counts Google, Amazon.com, eBay, and Yahoo as members. "It has never happened before."
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/...ously-considering-nuclear-option-to-stop-SOPA

Elect Ron Paul and this won't be an issue, because our Internet is not a domain of Washington. PUN INTENDED