Star Trek Picard season 3

The Question

Eternal
I think that's overcorrection for how the Galaxy-class was shown to be as fragile as a Christmas tree ornament. lol Anything and everything could destroy those suckers. Brush a nacelle with another ship -- KaBOOM! Give it a computer virus -- KaBOOM! Call it a filthy name -- WahhhhhBOOM! lmfao

StarMan™

re: tomorrow's episode. Get to the point.

Every other NuTrek serial has been met with impatience. They've done well to hold off this season, but last week was classic NuTrek mystery box padding.

What is Jack and who is Floaty Head? Answers tomorrow.

Or at least answers to one of them.

And as they've been stringing us along for 8 weeks, I hope the reveals are worth it.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Is it Kruge, and he's been constantly regenerating ever since Kirk kicked him into genesis?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It's Jack himself from the future.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
It's SHINZON -- a bit of his DNA floated away and found one of the 100 Changelings who still hadn't made it home yet.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
It's the leader of the Bubble skeleton head things in Legend of Zelda.

StarMan™

It's SHINZON -- a bit of his DNA floated away and found one of the 100 Changelings who still hadn't made it home yet.

Someone pointed out Vadic's knife is the same one as Shinzon's.

Theory confirmed.

In truth, what reveal would make us go "Damn, didn't see that coming! Ingenious!" Random alien? Pass. Future version of anyone? Pass.

When the shot of Picard's corpse was shown, there was a shadow across his face where his Borg facial implant was attached. Also, his Irumodic Syndrome was diagnosed after his assimilation. Data stated that Alton Soong (or someone at Daystrom) questioned the diagnosis - and we know Jack has also been diagnosed.

Perhaps Jack is the culmination of a decades-long experiment - the first fully biological Borg. Once activated, he will be able to assimilate others via his telepathy / superpowers. The key is Fronter Day - all of Starfleet gathered in one place (good lord); Jack assimilates every Starfleet ship simultaneously.

How does OG Picard fit in? Perhaps the key to activating Jack lies within his corpse oh I don't fucking know.

Last edited:

StarMan™

The tagline for Nemesis was: A Generation's Final Journey Begins.

Ha.

Crazy to think TNG cast has been milked for longer than TOS ('66 -> '94 vs. '87 -> '23).

Colonel Kira's Left Tit

Bearded Belly of Bajor
The tagline for Nemesis was: A Generation's Final Journey Begins.

Ha.

Crazy to think TNG cast has been milked for longer than TOS ('66 -> '94 vs. '87 -> '23).
You know I was just thinking about that the other night as well while continuing with my TNG rewatch. And also that the episodes I'm currently watching are 32 years old, and that Star Trek 6 back in 1991 was a pretty big deal because that was the 25th anniversary, and et cetera.

StarMan™

What is Jack and who is Floaty Head? Answers tomorrow.

HAHAHAHAAHA - No. Fuck you.

Yeah, same ol' NuTrek plot padding thru and thru. Pack in all the reveals in the penultimate and finale.

God, there was a lot of cringe dialogue. Worf - WTF man?

-----

Vadic, to Seven: "How fitting it is for you to stay and witness."

Yep - I'm doubling down on my Borg theory.

The Question

Eternal
Seems pretty obvious to me.

The Changelings extracted the part of Picard's brain affected by Irumodic Syndrome. Not so they could use the Irumodic Syndrome bits but so they could make Picard's corpse occupy-able by something.

The same something that's hitchhiking in Jack.

That something being a Pah-Wraith.

So that a Pah-Wraith can walk around in Picard's corpse, impersonating Picard, during the ceremonies on Frontier Day.

The female voice saying, "Find me" is pretty easy to identify as Nana Visitor's voice. Obviously she's not playing a Pah-Wraith. Kira is somehow the one who closed the red door -- or a Prophet in the form of Kira is, which now that I think about it makes more sense.

Which means two more old timer appearances:

Nana Visitor portraying a Prophet, and either Avery Brooks or Cirroc Lofton as Sisko / "The Emissary".

There. Now, I feel confident in saying that this post won't spoil anything for anybody, since most of y'all consider me to be wrong on every topic by default. :p

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Doesn't "drop" on Amazon UK until tomorrow...but I subscribed to Paramount+ last week and could probably watch it today.

But I won't. Out of spite.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It only goes up to episode 7 on there, Picard drops on Amazon at midnight but am I too tired to wait up for that.