Star Trek: Prodigy

Kyehlar

You Fox Eared Asshole!
tng-theoutrageousokona91.jpg

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Fire up those t0rr3nt clients!

StarMan™

My guess, SNW and the Yeoh film are the only safe bets right now. LD - maybe. Starfleet Academy - might reassess. Legacy show - not a chance.

Parallaxis

beer, I want beer
What the hell? Why would they remove Prodigy?

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Especially when a new season is currently in post-production...

Apparently they're going to sell it to another streamer to distribute, so they make more money off it. They know they would piss off the core fans too much if they tried this with the other shows.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I never got around to watching season one and maybe NEVER WILL? I'll cancel Paramount+ when SNW season 2 finishes AS A PROTEST (but really because it doesn't have anything else I watch.)

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I have to keep it, mainly because there ARE other shows there that I need like oxygen (the Drag Race franchise).

CaptainWacky

THAT'S HOW THEY GET YA.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
....and it's gone. They deleted it four days early. (In North America, dunno about the UK).

Corporate people seem to like to double down on their dickery when the public doesn't react well...

CaptainWacky

Maybe I will watch it one day then.

CaptainWacky

I've watched the first three and a half episodes of Prodigy and it's not bad. I saw someone say somewhere that it starts off like a Star Wars cartoon and turns into Star Trek and that's certainly how the first two episodes felt. I mean there's a henchman character who is LITERALLY General Grievous (with buzz droids!) I liked when it turned out the big rock guy was actually a little girl. The daughter of the bad guy seems like the most interesting character.

I'm guessing why it was the one Paramount cancelled: kids don't actually watch tv shows anymore because they're all watching MrBeast interview Jinkook on Tiktok on their phones or some shit.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
It definitely makes the transition from "Sort of like Star Wars" to "A little bit of Star Trek" to "This is Good Star Trek" and I'd say it's worth seeing it through.

CaptainWacky

So it makes a bit of sense to use archive recordings to create lines for Spock, Odo, Uhura and Scotty in a holodeck, given that the holodeck is itself just a recreation. But it's pretty distracting when Spock has consecutive lines in which Nimoy is 40 years apart in age!

Kate Mulgrew voicing a cartoon of a hologram is somehow a better Janeway than Patrick Stewart playing an actual live action Jean-Luc Picard in a show literally called Picard.

CaptainWacky

It was satisfying when the cat alien kid beheaded the General Grievous.