Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Star Trek: Prodigy

2.10 - Wesley was going to let Maj'el (oh, I get her name now!) die! I knew I was right to hate him. Animated grey-haired Janeway in a vest...I hope this doesn't awaken anything in me.

2.11 - Showing the bird guy's skeleton was pretty hardcore.

2.12 - The Protostar flying with the Starfleet insignia as a sail is the kind of thing that makes me wish I was still a child who could feel wonder. Chakotay describing joining the Maquis like it was a kind of teenage rebellion was funny, wasn't he already a high-ranking Starfleet officer when he defected?

2.13 - Giant killer Tribbles! Another cute mascot character! It's fun!

2.14 - I'm glad it wasn't all in the Mirrior Universe and that they didn't take Nazi Janeway back to our universe and make her an officer or something (that would be ridiculous!) It's a shame we didn't get to see Tuvix.

Last edited:
2.15 and 2.16 - Feels like the pinnacle of Prodigy story-telling, and there's still four episodes to go! Jameela Jamil does a really good evil English accent! Her ship is swarming with buzz droids! This is just really good Star Trek: yes, it's full of cliches (hi, Wrath of Khan) but they've all been perfectly set up in the show and pay-off a number of mini arcs. I was pleased Zero didn't end up in one of those perfect humanoid immortal robot bodies: they're still noticably alien but they can touch things now! Kind of like me! More shockingly good use of Wesley! It's a good show!

2.17 to 2.20 - Can't really remember what happend in each episode! I liked when Gwyn got mad at Wesley when he revealed he planned everything. A lot of people were erased from history! And we never get it confirmed that they were restroed in the end. So Wesley killed a bunch of people, basically! The Doctor pretending to be Janeway was funny. I wish we'd spent a bit more time with young Ascencia to know why she was against her older self's plans. And really Ascencia herself, as fun as the performance was, could have done with a bit more understandable character motivation. Murf killing General Grievous was great. The "we are with you, Gwyn!" bit felt like a better version of " I am all the Jedi!" It's a very exciting finale (or series of episodes) and it did the time travel stuff in a way that had a satisfying conclusion (when they realised all the wormholes were linked) even if it made no sense. I mean, how come Gwyn was still alive at the end when her dad didn't turn evil and create her in the new timeline? But you can just say "ah, Wesley patched the timeline up" or whatever. Wes visiting Bev was nice and softens the bit in Picard where she's like "I dont know what the fuck Wes's deal is!" Imagine doing an actual good job with WESLEY CRUSHER.

When they had the news report about the synth death attack I groaned because I didn't want these characters ending up in the grim, gritty, Picard version of the 24th century. But, brilliantly, the show rejects that by sending the main characters away to have more wholsome space adventures (like in the tv show Star Trek!), light years away from any "dark" shit! Fantastic.

Murf is the cutest little guy and, honestly, while I like Lower Decks, the part where he wore a beard in the Mirror Universe episode was a funnier gag than most LD gags?

This show really gets Star Trek right, they really understand the spirit of Trek without just hollowly recreating it. Like when they went to the MU I wasn't thinking "oh fuck they're just doing the fucking MU" I was thinking "haha, look at the Prodigy characters reacting to the MU!" Get these writers on a currently running Trek or give it a third season.