Star Wars and Star Trek: Battle of the Sexes

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
http://www.trekbbs.com/

http://www.rebelscum.com/

I have been spending a lot of time on both of those boards. Here are my observations:

1) TrekBBS has quite a few more female posters than Rebelscum. By quite a few I mean several dozen while Rebelscum has maybe ten or fewer regular female posters.

2) TrekBBS appears to have more single adult males. I am not entirely certain because the Rebelscum demographic is quite a bit younger, but most of the adult males there mention significant others.

3) Rebelscum members sometimes post break-up threads, wherein they discuss their pending divorce or messy breakup. TrekBBS has these threads as well, but also has a preponderance of "I'm so lonely" threads, and is unique in this regard.

I conclude that the TrekBBS males are attempting to play the pity card on the TrekBBS females, and that if there were more female posters at Rebelscum there would be a corresponding increase in the number of pity threads.

But why are there more females at TrekBBS? Are they drawn to Star Trek because of the quantity of strong female characters? Or are they drawn to a message board full of lonely guys who will shower them with attention?

Gonad

DON'T FUCK WITH MY TITLE BITCH
I don't know if you could post there. Too many rules. I don't post at either board. Right now in the TrekLit forum they are having a heated debate over whether the old Spock in the new movie was really the Spock from TOS, or an imposter Spock from an entirely different alternate universe. In the same thread there are some people arguing that the new Trek movie was depressing and genocide-chic, and comparing it to Schindler's List. Over at Rebelscum there is a discussion in the Autograph forum over whether or not this one guy was really a stormtrooper in the background of ROTJ, or if he is just scamming everybody for the autograph cash. But that's really all on the drama front right now that I can find. Pretty quiet.

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
I don't know if you could post there. Too many rules. I don't post at either board. Right now in the TrekLit forum they are having a heated debate over whether the old Spock in the new movie was really the Spock from TOS, or an imposter Spock from an entirely different alternate universe. In the same thread there are some people arguing that the new Trek movie was depressing and genocide-chic, and comparing it to Schindler's List. Over at Rebelscum there is a discussion in the Autograph forum over whether or not this one guy was really a stormtrooper in the background of ROTJ, or if he is just scamming everybody for the autograph cash. But that's really all on the drama front right now that I can find. Pretty quiet.

Yeah, their rules are kind of annoying, but what I hate most about TrekBBS is the massive amount of intrusive ads. You roll your mouse in the wrong spot and you have full screen ads that pop right out over what you're trying to read. Fucking irritating as hell. One reason I will NEVER have ads on my site. I've never been to rebelscum though.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
wHAT'S THE sTAR tREK GEEK "TOUGH GUY" ACT?

Dirk Funk

Evil Penguin
That's what I would like to know. If this faggot wants to get his ass kicked, he should go where we actually debate this shit.

Locutus

We are the Borg
We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness...scan error...no intelligent lifeforms found.

Duncan Idaho

Both suck..

Dune baby!

The original and the BEST!

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Both suck..

Dune baby!

The original and the BEST!

Dune. DUNE. That was a Borefest BEFORE Kevin J. Andersuck fucked it up. There is NO way that that's the best.

Charlemagne

Holy Roman Emperor
Trek sucks. Leia could beat out Counselor Troy for Miss Universe anyday.

Last time I checked, Trek wasn't the one with Jar Jar. Which one was that? Oh that's right WARS. SW fails, all because of him.

Duncan Idaho

Why would Duncan Idaho use an AV of a Guild Navigator as depicted by Lynch Dune?

Because Duncan Idaho understands the importance of the Navigator and the relationship melange has with interstellar travel.. Duh!