Star Wars: The Bad Batch

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It was good. I like Gonk droids.

My headcanon is that Order 66 made all the clone troopers dumber (by overloading the chip in their head or something) and that's why none of them saw through Cut's cunning disguise of a hat.

CaptainWacky

I like that we're seeing how the clone troopers were replaced by conscripts. And burning civilians to death is pretty damn dark for Star Wars.

CaptainWacky

We didn't hear their death screams (unfortunately!)

whisky

Boobie inspector
I had to close my blackout curtains as I couldn't see what was on the screen half the time, the episode was dark in both ways.

CaptainWacky

Standard "the animation has improved so much since the early Clone Wars days" type message here.

The chase scene was very impressive.

What do you call those little droids that look like astromech units with arms and legs they're cute.

whisky

Boobie inspector
It's was quite average story wise, it almost seemed like a rejected Mandalorian script that they tweaked a bit.

CaptainWacky

It's funny how Fennic is quite a bit older than Boba (who would have been about 13 during this episode) but looked younger than him in The Mandalorian. Of course that's partly down to the preternatually young looking Ming-Na Wen and the presumed aging effects of being partially digested by a Sarlacc.

CaptainWacky

Just think of all the dancing girls Moochi grows up to eat.

CaptainWacky

I hope the mystery person at the end was BAIL ORGANA.

(It's probably Rex.)

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
I LIKED THIS EPISODE I think people didn't Trace and Rafa in Clone Wars but i thought they were okay and they were good here!

whisky

Boobie inspector
Theyll be getting their own spinoff next, as long as neither of them say something stupid on twitter.

CaptainWacky

I found their (Ahsoka's really) arc disappointing in Clone Wars because you could skip the second and third episode and not miss anything, but that was a fault of Clone Wars' storytelling rather than the characters. I'm pleased Bad Batch is doing standalone episodes that progress the larger plot so far.

CaptainWacky

I hope the mystery person at the end was BAIL ORGANA.

(It's probably Rex.)

Hey, whaddya know!

I'm pleased they resolved the inhibitor chip thing and Wrecker won't keep getting a headache every week.