Tea Room Diary

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
This is open to all Tea-Roomers.

7/3/2010: Today I watched Punch Drunk Love and Pandorum. The latter was quite lacking (last time I ever take the recommendations of that person!) but in contrast to Adam Sandler's normal idiom, I enjoyed the former. Also trolled classichummus a bit and drank some rum.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
3/7/10 sent my boy back to his mom's, halfassed attempt to clean up the house followed by a much more concerted effort to fuck off the rest of the afternoon lol. First day above forty degrees farenheit in a long while, broke out the bike, filled the tires, got about halfway down the block before the exwife called me looking for some item the kid left behind. Had to go back to the house and never got back out. But the bike is out and ready to roll. Come on, Persephone, ditch that bastard Hades and let's have us some SUNSHINE!

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
3/7/10 I spent all day watching snow melt and was rewarded with a look at a small patch of real grass and dirt.

;)
mm

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
3/6/10: had the granddaughter for the day. Trolled beautiful women with the baby all day long with a tale of how my wife just died in a fatal car accident.

Sympathy flirting is awesome!

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
8/3/2010: Got up early for class. Made smalltalk with my philosophy professor, think I'm manipulating myself into the teacher's pet. He kept calling on me to explain shit like Cartesian thought and chaos theory, so I think I'm off to a good start. Drank lots of espresso. Have two tests to study for tomorrow and four pages to finish an essay for class on Wednesday. About to make lunch, probably a pastrami and gouda sourdough panini.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
3/8/10 It's monday, payday was friday and I'm already so damn broke I can't pay attention. How the hell am I still scraping check-to-check at my age? i can't even blame it on a Ponzi scheme. Something is wrong with this picture.

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
9/3/2010: Took two tests. Probably aced the Mesoamerican history one, not so sure about Western Civ II as a lot of the questions had multiple choice answers that were nonsensical sentence fragments and et cetera, but probably did fine. Ate lasagne and buffalo, watching the new Lost now.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
I got hit with a surprise midterm in my Mexican History class. It was surprisingly easy, but I think that says more about the teacher than it does about me.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
3/9/10 some days at work seem a total waste. Three hour staff meeting to train us on crap we already know, taught by people who don't know what they're doing, and yet who still manage to talk down to everyone in the room like we don't have a combined 60+ years experience in this field. Or degrees. Or an ounce of personal intellect.

Oh well, finished out the day with a couple hours of Lost, my only tv show of the week really. Can't be all bad...

jack

3/10/10; big meeting at work later today. Division is being trimmed by one, which probably means I'll be taking over the whole territory, effectively doubling my income.

Hopefully it won't mean I'll soon be unemployed...

jack

3/10/10: meeting finished. Taking over the division, getting a huge raise, and the confidence of the company that I can do the job is thrilling.

Imagine, getting rewarded for hard work after a year!

Dual

RIP Karl 1991-2014
What happened to your comic book shop?

10/3/2010: My philosophy teacher asked me before class if I'd entrap priests using disarming questions to reveal themselves as narcissistic personalities, basically IRL trolling. This is going to be really awesome. In Mexican History, we learned about the first three times Santa Ana was president.

jack

I sold the shop in '04. (or '05, I forget, it's a blur)

jack

I'm back in my original line of work, I sell equine supplements to the professional horse market.

I had a business from 88-99 that developed a complete line of said supplements. We "discovered" glucosamine and chondroitin and helped develop those supps to the generic ubiquitousness they have achieved in the human market.

This was that company's chief competitor. They hired me on the spot last year when I applied, and now I'm steering the division.

HAPPINESS