That awkward moment when Conchaga says "I told you so."

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Cassie, I think that phase, as active as the board seemed to be at that time, was quite trying for a a lot of people, since the OCD posting was not exactly contained in the Badlands, either.
In the past years I've been here, TK always had phases with lots of activity (usually centered around a troll/drama), and times when things would calm down considerably. It's those moments when those in the middle of drama don't realize that everyone else is pretty much fed up with it, and threads would drag on for days on end without anything new or even remotely interesting, that a sense of doom comes over the board and people start looking for new places. IMO.

OnyxOverdrive

stealth ninja
there's no reason why TK can't be both a Free Speech and a troll board.

Godforsaken Hellholes dedicated to trolling other places

Armchair Philosophers for Free Speech

Speak Freely for random shit and stupidity (eg. Starguard)

OnyxOverdrive

stealth ninja
I'm pretty sure admins trolling QS threads has always happened. Though I'd prefer this lot over the passive-aggressive attitudes we got in the Cait/Hambil era.

Of course the ones always the most resistant to change are the people within the system.

yeah Hambil was a fuckhead, but at least MM seemed to have the board's best interests at heart, yet kept enough distance to allow people to breathe.

I say: re-elect the old crone

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
^But is there even trolling going on worth having a sub for? Not talking about the PI stuff, but the real deal?

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
multiple board changes for no particular reason

When was the last time we changed the board more than once in rapid succession?

clique mentality among warring admin factions

Meh... not really. It's mostly me pissing off the rest of the admins. So, in one "faction" there's me, saying this place needs a thorough enema. In the other "faction" it's everyone else. "Warring" is just about accurate, tho.

and blatant admin fuckery with zero cause

I plead the 5th.

That isn't the way to keep your membership posting

What part? The infighting amongst the staff? Because that's the only valid point I see up there.

and a message board with no messages is just a bunch of sad fucks sitting around their sekrit admin room stroking themselves to the memories of glory days.

I wish... Most of it is administrative stuff, discussing who has what IP and whether a newly-registered poster is who they say they are. I'd post a screencap, but there's sensitive info that can't be released to the public for the protection of our members.

I'll come halfway on the no message bit. We've gone from a free speech board, to a spam board, to a troll board, to a flaming board, to a spam board again, now we're just this listing amalgamation of all of those things.

Did you really announce your return to the board by announcing you planned to deliberately fuck with accounts and commit admin fuckery?

I did, but as stated in that 10 year thread in the MF, that particular bit of admin "fuckery" as you put it, was really just randomly selecting a non-staffer to get the max TKarma possible. If you look at the thread a bit closer, she was the first non-staffer or former staffer to post in there. So she's now TK's karma kween. By the way, how are those stars, Enk? They sure do look purdy.

Problem = this. Not the only one, just the latest. Time was a person would lose their panel access for screwing around like that.

NOW who's stroking themselves to the glory days? Hm? Judge not and all that stuff...

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
As far as the Charles thing goes, I posit this for consideration.

[YOUTUBE]MFZG8KQJni8[/YOUTUBE]

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
I'm pretty sure admins trolling QS threads has always happened. Though I'd prefer this lot over the passive-aggressive attitudes we got in the Cait/Hambil era.

Say what you will about Hambil, he saved the place more than once. From the evil C0N1K and the eviler GTC are the two that spring to mind.

As for the rest...
Leave the Mine Field alone!!!

Yeah, leave them alone.

;)
mm

Ilyanna

moral imperfection
Since Con mentioned him - I want Blackfoot's account to be reinstated, ftr. There was no reason to ban him.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
Note: I'll strip any troll-like responses from this thread. Otherwise, suggest away.

And yet TK is a Troll board.

Forgive my insolance sir, but, just when did we get to the point when we started blatantly banning people for being a pain in the ass and when did we start screaming about topic and thread content other than the original things like legal, real life information?

Ironically, I joined TK with the intent of destroying it because of what it represented. Didn't work so well. However, this namby pamby approach goes against everything that TK was originally founded on and IS destroying it.

Who the hell wants to join a Troll board where you get banned for Trolling someone, saying something someone doesn't like or just plain being a disagreeable personality?

Friday

Bazinga!
I'm one of those who try to use TK as a discussion board most times, a spam board sometimes, and "touching base with old pals" for the remainder of the times.

I do know that quite a few members left when shit like the DLA started, more members left when it was revealed that a member was given access to admin privileges (Cait and Sadistic Bastard), and the rest just left due to apathy.

This is the only board of any kind I post on, mainly because I have history here, and am known. I enjoy the fact that I can come to TK and start threads on topics that would have very grave RL repercussions (like my latest thread in Philosophers).

Yes, I would love for TK to have lively discussions like in the Golden Era, circa 2005-2007. Trolling is what bought me to TK, the challenging and heated debates are what made me put down roots and stay.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Sarek's thoughts go hand-in-hand with my longtime contention that the place is in need of a name change, because trolling is no longer the board's reason for living, something that surprises younger trolls who happen upon the place.

But TK has been a place full of contradictions and dual purposes for most of its existence. I don't expect a name change to happen for that reason; it's also why I've been skeptical about some of the proposed ideas. Many of them involve either making people do things they don't want to do, or assuming that a new crowd of people will make the changes a success.

It's a recreational message board. No one is going to solve the world's ills here; it's where most of us come to escape them for a while. This is why it's quite understandable that there would be resistance to change -- when play becomes too much like work, the fun gets drained out of it. This is a place to come and goof off.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
I've actually grown quite fond of the site and what it stands for. I don't want to see it devolve into a message board for "My Little Pony And Friends".

missmanners

grrrrrrrr...
That and this one on the other... uh, leg.

"That's called trolling. jesus, what is this, Bunny Rabbit Kingdom?"

:D
mm

Dershocka

dershocka
I think TK is just going the way of tiddlywinks, yo yos, kaleidoscopes, and monkeys in a barrel. Social media has grown exponentially since 2007. That has to be a factor. I think its mostly the result of getting lost in the sands of time, as things often do. Then again, I could just be talking out of my ass, as I have done from the moment I arrived here. If I, or other members start to get banned, DC'd, or PW locked for simply doing that, it takes away my (and I imagine others) desire to ever come back here.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
Frankly, I'm a little surprised you all are having this conversation in public. It's a harbinger of doom.

Sarek

Vuhlkansu Wihs
I'm not afraid to call a moron a moron to their face.

Chances are they'd be to damn dumb to figure it out anyway.