THE APPRENTICE starts TOMORROW

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Hooray! The team I wanted to win won and the person I wanted to go went.

Zee was a horrible little man, and it was so nice to see his horrible treatment of the female candidates get called out.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Yeah he literally tried to hit Natalie in the face with the door walking into the boardroom.

It was quite a funny episode with Zee being hliariously bad, the tiny flag, Jason doing anything (describing a falcon to an Arab was the best), Luisa apparently planning to wear bikinis during the task...

The Welsh guy with the eyebrows is unexpectedly coming across as one of the strongest candidates.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
"...and we need one Ful'khan Hud..."

"It's a hood for a falcon, innit."

"Oh... falcon hood. Yeah."

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
"If you bring in the wrong person, then you're gone!"

She then brings in the wrong person, and she stays?

Fucks sake Lord Sugar.

THAT SAID Luisa might as well just walk out now because she's totally killed any chance she had of winning.

CaptainWacky

I think they put too much blame on Rebecca for hiring the motivational speaker. I mean, who from their team could actually do a good speech? It would have been much worse with Franchesca or Jordan or someone speaking. But I guess Rebecca, even though one of the nicer people, wasn't really doing much so they got rid of her to keep the more entertaining ones in (though would anyone really miss Franchesca?)

Neil Clough is a bit of a dick but seems to be an effective business dick. Good chance of winning?

Leah was disappointing as PM. Kurt always looks like he wants to kill himself. Jason is still amusing. Next week he say "Extional Optras."

CaptainWacky

Has he ever called someone back into the boardroom for a SPECIAL CONGRATULATIONS before?

Kurt always looked on the verge of hanging himself and Natalie was annoying in the boardroom.

Next week: Alex dressed as a creepy goth for a dating advert?

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Awww, poor Jason. He sort of fell apart at the seams like an old teddy bear.

I don't know if Luisa was as mean as Nick was saying, because Jason was taking his sweet time to do anything... But I did like how even at the end they still seemed kind of chummy with each other because he's just that sort of guy.

TOO NICE FOR THE APPRENTICE.

CaptainWacky

The Luisa/Jason friendship montage on You're Fried was genuinely touching...

I want to see more of this "Herbert" character.

CaptainWacky

I bet Neil and Luisa had really dirty victory sex. Involving a box of Oh My Pow.

CaptainWacky

This was a really good episode for Luisa as she was really good as PM, her team won easily, and she wore lots of different outfits including various headwear and dresses!

Also funny when Jordan nearly threw up.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Jordan nearly throwing up was BIZARRE, but knowing the way they edit these things, it could've been a sneeze from three weeks ago with the sound effect of Nick "harrumph"ing laid over the top of it. We'll probably NEVER know.

Luisa was really good this week! And by really good, I mean she wasn't a haughty fucking bitch for once. Yaaaaah?

I like that they seem to have recognised how predictable the show's been for a while, and they're turning it on its head. The whole way through this ep I kept thinking "well, Luisa's clearly got this in the bag... but it's The Apprentice, so how are the boys going to miraculously win it, with their dishwashing gloves and dull porcelain?" The vase was a nice red herring at the end.

Speaking of, it got slagged off a hell of a lot, but the designer has probably got orders flooding in for the things now. Having Lord Sugar disdainfully shake his head at your work is quite a seal of approval.

CaptainWacky

Next week Claude says "you're a parasite. Interview terminated." to someone. I'm going to guess it's Jordan.

CaptainWacky

Luisa for the wi-in?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Why did Jordan even enter? I kinda feel sorry for him in a way, though. The producers would've known from the start that he didn't own the company, so he was completely set up for a fall.

I wanted to hug Neal, too. It was like something from a soppy movie. His whole motivation is to do something that would've made his dead father proud, then father figure Lord Alan tells him his business plan is so bad that to hire him would be as bad as chucking the hundred grand over London bridge. Except in a soppy movie he would've gone on to do something amazing and discover that his father was always proud of him anyway.

I reckon Luisa will win, mostly because I think regardless of how the final task goes Lord Alan will be a lot more comfortable working with a loon who at the worst will burn her cupcakes than an apparently very sensible person who still runs the risk of burning a face off.

CaptainWacky

Francesca keeps hanging out with Stella English apparently. Maybe she was a sleeper agent.

CaptainWacky

HI GUYS THE APPRENTICE HAD ITS FINAL AND LEAH WON.

Thoughts?

(My thoughts: I liked Luisa more.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Luisa improved a hell of a lot, but I liked Leah more. Still surprised he picked her when her idea was so risky, but I expect it was partly to provide a more dramatic finale. Whoever wins they'll most likely end up suing him over something and never actually setting up a business.