The Book of Boba Fett

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Din Djarin landing a suped-up N1 startfighter and saying "Wizard" is everything I could ever want from this show.

ALSO A BEAUTIFUL BD DROID I LOVE HIM

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I love all the little robots, and the dinosaur looking bird crowing like a rooster. lol

whisky

Boobie inspector
If you live near a star wars fan you might want to check in on them today, as they may have passed out.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
There was a lot of stuff in that! It felt more like an episode of Clone Wars. Luke looked better than the last time. Still not totally convincing as a human being but better and much better than Tarkin in Rogue One. Rosario was good as Ahsoka again. At first I thought it was kind of weird when Luke said "will I ever see you again?" in such an awkward way, but then I remembered this is like the first girl he's ever talked to who isn't related to him.

Grogu jumping was so cute.

Cad Bane looked good. I hope they don't just kill him next week. Funny how he made sure to kill the deputy but left the important character alive(?)

But lol two episodes in a row where Boba does nothing. Having him appear in a non-speaking role this week made it feel all the more weird that this is supposed to be a Boba Fett show.

The Tomtrek

Love Wookiee
Seeing Luke Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano together in the same shot actually broke my entire brain.

OKAY SO JUST TO MAKE SURE THEY SHOWED CLOSE UP SHOTS OF THE BAND BUT NOT MAX REBO TO ESTABLISH THAT HE WASN'T THERE THAT NIGHT AND DIDN'T DIE

CaptainWacky

OKAY SO JUST TO MAKE SURE THEY SHOWED CLOSE UP SHOTS OF THE BAND BUT NOT MAX REBO TO ESTABLISH THAT HE WASN'T THERE THAT NIGHT AND DIDN'T DIE

Because he's working with the Pykes.

MODMAN

Untitled-1.jpg

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
BABY YODA!!!!!!!11 It really sucks that he has to choose, they could at least let him give Mando a HUG. :rwmad: lol

CaptainWacky

Are you sure the clone trooper armour wasn't CGI?

whisky

Boobie inspector
I'm not convinced, I guess we'll have to wait for the making of episode.

CaptainWacky

But ultimately if you can't tell, does it matter?

MODMAN

Are you sure the clone trooper armour wasn't CGI?
After re-watching, no.

I just took the word of some REDDITORS. You know I didn't need to add the armor bit to the meme. <sigh>

Anyway, Boba needs to fucking own the next episode. I want the last two episodes to be justified from a narrative perspective (not just a marketing perspective).

I have really enjoyed the Mando 2.5 episodes, but it's still a very peculiar move; final judgement only a few days away.

whisky

Boobie inspector
Prediction for final episode, massive scrap between Bobas crew and the Pikes. Boba takes out Cad Bane, and the Pikes start to get overwhelmed when the tuskans and Freetown people join the fight.

Then the Pikes bring out their secret weapon, Han Solo, spice runner and not a fan of the Fett.

But he quickly swaps sides when he sees the Pikes are up against regular people rather than the bounty hunters he was told about.

He fights back to back with Boba and the day is theirs, with probably a few less mods by the end of the episode.

CaptainWacky

Then Boba goes back home with Fennc but when he takes his helmet off he is shot in the head by a mystery figure in the shadows. She steps out revealing KEIRA KNIGHTLEY as Sabé. She kisses Fennec and says "our plan worked!"

Last edited:

CaptainWacky

As someone who enjoys Star Wars and Star Wars things I did enjoy a lot of the Star Wars things in the episode: the giant droidekas, the jetpack flying, the Rancor being awesome and eating people and then going full King Kong, Baby Grogu napping with it and all that.

But just because it has cool stuff doesn't mean you can't also criticise parts of it. You're not more of a REAL FAN if you just love everything about Star Wars. This comment isn't aimed at anyone here, more the overly defensive twitter nerds who show up in my timeline sometimes but I'd never actually reply to because it's twitter. The season had some weird structual issues that we've talked about over the weeks: lots of flashbacks in the first four episodes then two episodes without the title character in them, resulting in a lack of time spent in the "present day" scenes. The leads to the biggest problem: Boba's character. He just never felt as good as he could have. His arc never came together that well for me. His whole big moment should have been getting revenge on the Pikes for killing his Tusken family, right? Instead his big showdown is with a character who only appeared for the first time at the end of last week's episode and didn't have anything to do with the Tuskens dying. It was weird! Why didn't they introduce Bane earlier and have him revealed as the person who led (under order from the Pikes) the attack on the Tuskens? At the very least they could have just put in a flashback here showing him slaughtering Tuskens and laughing eviily.

I'm not sure what Boba even is now? He thought he wanted to be the new crime boss, but he doesn't want drug running in his city and that's the only crime we've seen throughout the show. So he's just like the cool ruler of the city who people give fruit to? Or is he going to get back into the crime business (but not drugs)?

YES BABY YODA IS CUTE.

Cad Bane looked good. I hope they don't just kill him next week.

His chest thing was still beeping at the end so I guess he could be alive a bit. But really he can still be in Bad Batch anyway.