THE KINGDOM OF BLACKFOOT

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Nice wallpaper. I just updated Vivaldi. It's starting to grow on me.

The Question

Eternal
It's pretty all right. For just a brief bit, just a while ago, I was eyeing a 32" 2560x1440 Acer display. Buuuuut, meh, I dunno. Eventually, this machine will get a more powerful PSU and dedicated GPU shoved into it, when money permits. For now, it'll be getting 32Gb of main memory and a 1Tb SSD. That'll leave it running graphics out of a 9th generation Core i5 + UHD 630 iGPU. It's doubtful that even with 16Gb of that main memory being used as VRAM that the integrated graphics could allow for 1440p gaming.

So for now it looks like it'll be powering this instead:

61O5ydbBsDL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

But I digress; Vivaldi would look pretty fucking slick on a WQHD display.

jack

Sweet. If the card is good enough like mine seems to be I get everything out of this box I want (or need). what used to take minutes now takes seconds and Vivaldi makes it super easy to be organized just the way I like. Like I said before I'm running the AMD RYZEN 7 3700 8 core processer with 16G fully onboard with another scheme for an additional 32g when necessary. The graphics card is a beast, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT. When they first shipped it the installed card shit itself, so when the repair guy showed up to replace it he was blown away by the card. Fpr me, it's just normalized everything. The computer acts the way I want it to. But there are like 4 more 32 bit slots and 6 more 8 bit so I guess I can do wahatever I want :bigass: I took the old SSD out of the old box and just made a new drive in this one so I didnt have to do any transfering it's all still just like it was.

jack

That's a nice monitor! What's that 32" class?

jack

You're completely pathetic.

You knew that already though.............

Guess who got your board offline? and guess how? :bigass:

jack

You're deflecting again.

You're completely pathetic.

You knew that already though.............

Guess who got your board offline? and guess how? :bigass:

jack

Your board is offline :bigass:

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
THE KINGDOM OF BLACKFOOT
  • Hello ceejay blackfoot
  • Show unread posts since last visit.
  • Show new replies to your post
  • Ad Free Credits: 40
  • March 27, 2021, 06:52:45 pm

Users Logged In Today:
Total: 1 (Visible: 0, Hidden:5 )
ceejay blackfoot; Joy Knox; Travis; Geno; vasskar

jack

You didn't post the link :bigass:

jack

'bro, your board is offline. It is not visible on the internet :bigass:

jack

Still off line :bigass:

The Question

Eternal
That's a nice monitor! What's that 32" class?

The one that's pictured? Nah, that's a 25" 1080p display, but an IPS panel with a 144hz refresh rate, integrated speakers that aren't too bad (according to reviews) for watching TV/movies (though I'll be using a Razer Kraken headset for gaming) and the thing will only run me $250 + tax. For that price, it seems like a pretty damned good buy.

jack

I've got a SAMSUNG LCD 28" class which seens to do it for now. Its so old it still has an RGB plug in addition to the HDMI but it was compatible with the new beast engine and is easy on my eyes. No speakers, But I have a nice Altec Lansing surround system which gives me everything I need.

I've never understood the multi-screen thing.

C-40

NEW AGE POSTING
6c9a8245f3853af9a4b88b36c2163727.png

Yup. Still terminated as of the timestamp you see in the lower right corner.

Nope! That's not THE KINGDOM OF BLACKFOOT. If you promise not to let Venooker see my board, I will PM you a name and a pass-word to view THE KINGDOM OF BLACKFOOT.....Deal or no deal Highwayman?

jack

It's pretty all right. For just a brief bit, just a while ago, I was eyeing a 32" 2560x1440 Acer display. Buuuuut, meh, I dunno. Eventually, this machine will get a more powerful PSU and dedicated GPU shoved into it, when money permits. For now, it'll be getting 32Gb of main memory and a 1Tb SSD. That'll leave it running graphics out of a 9th generation Core i5 + UHD 630 iGPU. It's doubtful that even with 16Gb of that main memory being used as VRAM that the integrated graphics could allow for 1440p gaming.

So for now it looks like it'll be powering this instead:

61O5ydbBsDL._AC_SL1001_.jpg

But I digress; Vivaldi would look pretty fucking slick on a WQHD display.

So, did you buy this? What did you decide?

jack

I was thinking about this one. 38" 4k UHD LCD curved screen. Matches up perfectly with the beast box.

u3818dw_lfp_0035lf00_bk.psd

The Question

Eternal
So, did you buy this? What did you decide?

I'm still waiting on the $1,400 stimcheck. For the moment, I've stuck with licensing software -- business software, that is to say, Scrivener. Unfortunately, the really high powered software for writers just doesn't exist on Windows. Vellum, for example, is Mac only.

It's almost ironic, the general public's impression that Windows is for Sooper Srs Productivitaw and macOS is for slackin'. It's the opposite of that. Games are all Windows does really well; everything else is stuck firmly in the '90s, from visuals to functionality. macOS is where it's at for serious productivity and creative work, from DevonThink to Ulysses to Vellum. (Three apps you can't get -- or even find equivalents to -- on Windows.)

Buuuuuut, fuck it. I've already got a Windows box and it's cheaper to upgrade the internals in that than it will be to get a Mac. So I'll be stuck with second best. Not like that's new.