The Mine Field Top 50 Trek Actors (2013)

Spiner / Frakes: Everyone seems to love them, I am obviously missing .

Not everyone, neither are on my list.

Frakes was a better director than actor, although I will never forgive him for thunderbirds.

And Spiner is responsible for every TNG film having him and Picard as the only roles with anything to actually contribute, and the rest of the cast relegated to glorified extras.

Alexander Siddig gets extra kudos (though the writers must've played a part here too) for recognising why Bashir was getting so much hate and changing him. He went a bit far changing his own name, though.

1)Patrick Stewart
2)Brent Spiner
3)Leonard Nimoy
4)DeForest Kelley
5)Rene Auberjonois
6)Armin Shimerman
7)Marc Alaimo
8)Colm Meaney
9)Ethan Phillips
10)Majel Barrett

I like Siddig too (well from season two on) just couldn't find a place for him.

Ethan Philips is a good choice. He always did well when they gave Neelix a serious storyline (which was, like, twice.)

@berman_rick

"Brent, Colm, Siddig, Rene, and Conner were probably the most naturally gifted actors I worked with."

TOP TEN WORST ON STAR TREK

1) Connor Trinneer - Charles Tucker

Too much of a hokey American red neck. Bland, with that y’all accent. Only good episode was his motherhood.

2 ) Garrett Wang - Harry Kim

Hey little boy, lost in space is a great adventure. Lots of big stars and big boobs. You can play with 7 of them, or if your good, 9.

3 ) James Cromwell - Zefram Cochrane

Totally destroyed the character of Cochrane. Newbie to trek would laugh, particularly his choice of music. I almost felt stupid being a trekkie after listening to “obie-doubie” in the theatre.

4) Louise Fletcher - Kai Winn

Whenever this broad came along I knew boring come with it. Some of the Bajorian Mystics R Us I skipped. Couldn’t stand it. Just couldn’t.

5 ) Majel Barrett - Lwaxana Troi

This old coot became even more of a joke when her character started being taken seriously. Grieving over a fat dead man and a stupid dead child. The only one who should have died on Star Trek - Lwaxana.

6 ) Max Grodenchik - Rom

Another joke character. A joke on Star Trek fans, that is. When the writers tried to embolden him, it became worse. And a hot girlfriend. That’s fiction, not sci-fi.

7 ) Roger C Carmel - Harry Mudd

I know I went light on the original series, but that overdone mustache and cheesy lines. Smells like cheesy, overdone camp. He brought hot women though, except when you actually look at them.

8 ) Terry Farrell - Dax

I was tempted to leave her out, because of looks. Remember her and Worf on vacation planet Risa. My penis was also risa. Still she comes off as robotic and stale, and like all hot women, stuck up and self centered. Both the actress and character.

9 ) Wallace Shawn - Grand Nagus Zek

Do I really need to explain.

10 ) Wil Wheaton - Wesley

We could do a "Top 50 hottest female celebrities" thread where I get increasingly angry at everyone else's lists, then can't decide on a final list myself, then someone includes an 80 year old on their list and says "I'm rating her based on how she used to look" and I say "IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE BASED ON CURRENT LOOKS" and they say "you never said that!" and we all die.

I know we're not including movies, but if we were I think I'd have to add Bruce Greenwood, as his performance really did stand out in Into Darkness, even if he only got three scenes.

And I would award minus points to Robocop, who sounded like a bad anime dub.

Yeah, Bruce Greenwood just exudes quality. Peter Weller on the other hand, I guess now we can see why he makes a good robot, and why we haven't seen much of him in other stuff.

He just seemed like any villain of the week from a random tv Trek series (and of course was one in the Enterprise real finale.)

I've missed an awful lot over the last few months, I see!

Well, I'll list some of my favourite actors, in no particular order, and I'll doubt I'll get to 50, so I'll do them in bursts of 10 over the next few days or so.

1. David Morrisey
2. Jason Isaacs
3. Christopher Lee
4. Patrick Stewart
5. Zachary Quinto
6. Anna Paquin
7. Brent Spiner
8. Christophe Waltz
9. Clint Eastwood
10. Jim Broadbent

Back