The Witcher

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member

Starts December 17th!

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I promise not to mention her eyebrows ever again.

CaptainWacky

Remember that the new season is on The 'Flix TOMORROW.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just finished the 1st one, I was going to watch another but it started BUFFERING :rwmad:

I was sad for the ceiling girl, even though she was evil.

CaptainWacky

It's funny how it picks up like five minutes after the end of last season but Ciri is clearly older and they kind of write her to be older too (AND YES HER EYEBROWS ARE DIFFERENT.)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I can't remember why Ciri carries around the green cloth, and Geralt just pulled it out of the wall, I think. WTF is it?

CaptainWacky

I can't remember any details like that, or any of the secondary characters. LIke there was a girl being bitchy to Yen but then they hugged and I was like "do I know what's happening here?" And I don't remember anything really of the sociopolitical arrangement of the show's world.

JUST WATCH IT FOR THE BIG MONSTERS FUCKING PEOPLE.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The Bard!

This episode wasn't as fun, but I was glad to see the bard.

CaptainWacky

I thought it was a pretty good season but with problems? I'm not as into the show as some people. It's at its best when all the main characters come together. The Geralt/Ciri scenes were the best part. I think they had a hard time finding stuff for Yennifer to do as she just kept getting teamed up randomly with different characters throughout. There's way too many scenes of people we don't know PLOTTING to kill Ciri or whatever and I don't find the elves particularly interesting (I know they're not FULL elves and I'm a big Tolkien nerd and biased towards his elves, yes.) It was disappointing when they took Ciri to MAGIC SCHOOL and then she was gone again by the end of the episode.

I thought Ciri's dad was a hedgehog man or something.

eloisel

Forever Empress E
I can't remember any details like that, or any of the secondary characters. LIke there was a girl being bitchy to Yen but then they hugged and I was like "do I know what's happening here?" And I don't remember anything really of the sociopolitical arrangement of the show's world.

JUST WATCH IT FOR THE BIG MONSTERS FUCKING PEOPLE.
I think the green cloth was Ciri's grandmother's. Mousesak grabbed it from her body before he was hauled away and later the fake Mousesak tried to use it to convince Ciri that he was on her side.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I really love this show. Now we have to wait another year for a new season if we even get one. :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

That's a pretty big downgrade in hotness, right?

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Well that's terrible news.

MODMAN

That's a pretty big downgrade in hotness, right?

Yeah, my partner's pissed off.

Netflix's The Witcher: Former Producer Claims Some Writers 'Actively Disliked the Books and Games'

Cavill is known for being an avid fan of the books. Creative differences? Coincidence? Given his popularity, you would think the preference would be to hit pause until he was available, rather than press on without him.

Anyway, this seems like a sure fire way to ensure S4 is the last.

Last edited: