The Witcher

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Yeah, my partner's pissed off.

Netflix's The Witcher: Former Producer Claims Some Writers 'Actively Disliked the Books and Games'

Cavill is known for being an avid fan of the books. Creative differences? Coincidence? Given his popularity, you would think the preference would be to hit pause until he was available, rather than press on without him.

Anyway, this seems like a sure fire way to ensure S4 is the last.
Cavill probably just doesn't have time to be a Witcher and Superman.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

whisky

Boobie inspector
All I remember about T J Hooker is that every episode would have a car chase that would end with a truck backing out in front of him letting the bad guys get away, then at the end he would chase him on foot over roof tops and the bad guy would always fall off.

CaptainWacky

I remember Vic Fontaine was in it but they never mentioned that he's a hologram.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
HE HAS TIME TO BE THE WITCHER NOW! :rwmad:

CaptainWacky

The Blood Origin spin-off thing is getting terrible reviews. https://www.empireonline.com/tv/reviews/the-witcher-blood-origin/

I might not watch it because I found the elf stuff in season 2 boring as fuck and this seems to be all about that. Also it was cut down from six episodes to four after filming which doesn't seem like a good sign!

(I'm editing this thread title to just 'The Witcher' it doesn't need a new thread every season lol.)

CaptainWacky

^I did not, in fact, watch it.

The season's been cut in two, for some reason, but there's only a month between the halves.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I thought whatshisface Helmsworth was going to be the witcher.

CaptainWacky

In season four.

CaptainWacky

Should I just skip all the elf scenes, they're so bad.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
I've given up on the show at this point. With Cavill leaving and the obvious reasons behind it being that he vehemently disagreed with the direction the writers were taking the show, which has been gradually moving further and further from Sapkowski's source material, I just can't muster up the passion to bother with it. I feel pretty aggrieved over Cavill being pushed out (because I don't think it was amicable), and that just adds another bad taste to the whole thing.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
I've given up on the show at this point. With Cavill leaving and the obvious reasons behind it being that he vehemently disagreed with the direction the writers were taking the show, which has been gradually moving further and further from Sapkowski's source material, I just can't muster up the passion to bother with it. I feel pretty aggrieved over Cavill being pushed out (because I don't think it was amicable), and that just adds another bad taste to the whole thing.
The flashbacks/flash forwards/showing events out of sequence is annoying and makes the show confusing and less enjoyable to watch. Did they really need to show the events of the Conclave Ball (episode 5) from like 6 different points of view? I prefer more linear storytelling.

CaptainWacky

Fire guy didn't kill the cat! Maybe he's not all bad apart from all those people he set on fire.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I just finished the 1st one. I can't remember much from the last season, which makes it difficult to figure out wtf is going on. lol

CaptainWacky

I wish they'd just go back to doing standalone episodes where they fight big monsters and sometimes there's nudity.

Mentalist

Administrator
Staff member
When your marketing campaign for Season 3 is desperately trying to remind people that Henry is still in the show for this season, it's not a very good look. Also feels like actual shade at Hemsworth. I just feel there is too much baggage on the show now and I'm also of the opinion that those who complained that the showrunners were diverting too far from what the show SHOULD be about (potentially due to the showrunners making it their own vanity project) were right (including Henry, who made it pretty clear of his position)

I won't pretend to be a LORE MASTER when it comes to the Witcher series (although it's worth mentioning Cavill actually is), but I have played and completed Witcher 1, 2 and 3, and those were widely considered to be faithful adaptations of the source material, and season 2 especially was nowhere near that.

CaptainWacky

Yeah that's pretty insulting to Hunger Games Hemsworth. How are they going to promote season 4? "Don't worry, he's not THAT bad!"

CaptainWacky

Yen's fat friend is such a bitch. NOT BEING FATTIST, SHE JUST IS.