Things that offend Islam

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oooo! Are we playing $100,000 Pyramid?

They forgot Towlie from South Park. He must offend Islam, because he's not wrapped around a smelly cab driver's head.

And that author of the article needs a joint and a big-hangin' man, quick.

The Question

Eternal
WordInterrupted said:

Funny, I don't recall anyone being murdered over that. (Or, as the Chief would say, "marrdured.")

Of course, you can't be bothered to make distinctions between a religion which proposes a moral code, and another religion which still in modern times proposes a moral code and then advocates the slaughter of those who refuse to follow it.

The Question

Eternal
But let's not be silent on the third of the wonderful trio of primitive bullshit cults that arose from the Middle East -- Judaism.

Anyone care edify us as to what offends Jews? Here's a few, but I hope I'm not the only one who's thought about it --

It's utterly barbaric, in the eyes of Israelis and American Jews, for Palestinians to defend their homes and their sovereignty by extreme measures such as invoking political pressure through terrorism -- but it's entirely kosher (heh, heh) for Israeli soldiers to gun down teenages armed with nothing but rocks, level apartment buildings with missiles from American-supplied Apache gunships in attempts to kill a few suspected terrorists, and engage in military assaults against their allies.

It's appalling for some young Jewish women to be openly described as "J.A.P.s" -- Jewish American Princesses -- but those same offended souls may regularly be heard to refer to Gentile women by the Jewish word, "shiksa" -- which means "whore."

Jews would be incensed -- and were incensed -- by the very IDEA of a nation exclusively of, by and for Gentiles. But no one bats an eye at the fact that the state of Israel is openly and unabashedly self-described as a Jewish state.

Yeah. :rolleyes:

Number_6

beer, I want beer
^^Yeah, almost a thousand years ago, now. Nothing's changed since then.

Oh, wait. It has in the West. Just not in the Islamic world.

Virginia

Oh? and you'd say the current war wasn't our version of it? We go to loot, pillage and steal (oil, in this case). Oh, and kill. Don't forget kill.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
Everything offends Jews.

Anubis

TAFKA Chadarnook
Virginia said:
Oh? and you'd say the current war wasn't our version of it? We go to loot, pillage and steal (oil, in this case). Oh, and kill. Don't forget kill.

Religion and this "Clash of Cultures" nonsense is a very clever smokescreen which you've swallowed well, my dear.

The Question

Eternal
Virginia said:

Oh, bull fucking shit. Take a look at StratFor sometime, or any other objective geopolitical news source.

Anubis

TAFKA Chadarnook
Virginia said:
in one word, crusades.

So often, the only way to defend the disgusting vices of Eastern cultures is by painting Western culture and civilization as being just as savage or dirty or whichever word you might prefer.

Misconceptions about the Crusades are all too common. The Crusades are generally portrayed as a series of holy wars against Islam led by power-mad popes and fought by religious fanatics. They are supposed to have been the epitome of self-righteousness and intolerance, a black stain on the history of the Catholic Church in particular and Western civilization in general. A breed of proto-imperialists, the Crusaders introduced Western aggression to the peaceful Middle East and then deformed the enlightened Muslim culture, leaving it in ruins. For variations on this theme, one need not look far. See, for example, Steven Runciman’s famous three-volume epic, History of the Crusades, or the BBC/A&E documentary, The Crusades, hosted by Terry Jones. Both are terrible history yet wonderfully entertaining.

The Real History of the Crusades

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
I think we should kill them all.

jack

The Legendary Troll Kingdom
I often imagine killing everyone.

TJHairball

I love this place
Chadarnook said:
A lovely article that manages to be no more objective and gloss over no fewer important considerations than the histories it criticizes. More worth attention than most of what Chadarnook posts, though.

"Crusade" shouldn't be considered any less alarming a buzzword than "Jihad." Bush's use of a term of religious war is particularly alarming as the alleged leader of an allegedly secular state.

Kerb Crawler

Closed Fist of the Badlands
Other peoples' religious views and ideals are ruining it for everyone else. KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!

It's all fun and games until somebody gets hurt.

"Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish." - Albert Einstein