True Blood 2.10 'New World in My View' *SPOILERS*

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
The guy who plays Jason is Australian, not British (if that's what you meant.)

CaptainWacky

Is he? Oh.

And why be a Fake Henoch but act nothing like Henoch?

CaptainWacky

THat's more like IT!!!!!!

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I really liked this ep. Not as good as last week's, but still had lots of good moments. The whole zombie-esque feel was great and made better since they could actually talk and act semi-rationally.

Lafayette rocked as usual.

The purple glowing power thingamy looks like an interesting development. Fairy? That sounds lame, but somehow I can see them pulling it off pretty well.

I don't get the vampire hierarchy either. They have sheriffs, magistrates, a queen and what else?

On a technical note, I like that they bothered to CG in Sam and Bellefleur's breath in the freezer scenes.

Oh and "you must go deeper into her mind than you've ever gone before" has to be, hands down, the WORST line in True Blood... EVER!

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Oh and "you must go deeper into her mind than you've ever gone before" has to be, hands down, the WORST line in True Blood... EVER!
[Stewie]THANK you![/Stewie] During that whole lame scene, I cringed like I haven't cringed since Data uttered the words "flotation device".

Good ep in general, kept me interested, but full of holes and crapola moments. I'm with BDM about Tara: she's been a black-eyed pea long enough, and the way she was rescued was lame lame lame. And Sookie's sudden new magical power was as inexplicable as when Harry stuck his hands on Quirrel in HP1 and could sudden'y turn him into ash. Puh-leeze. And Bill telling her to go deeper into...well, just read the top part again.

I'm over Bill, over Tara, over Maryann, over the redhead waitress, and almost over Sam. Gimme Sookie, Jason, Eric, Lafayette, Tara's mom and the drunk ex-cop, put them in same-colored tights and have them fight crime from a nuclear-powered van, and I'll be a happy pappy.

Alan Ball either needs to pull in the reins on this show, or else step down and let someone else steer the ship. Something's still not right.

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
I'm still not all caught up yet (two more eps next week) and IM sick of Tara! What's wrong with those people- why would they even consider eating that disgusting "Hunter's Soufflé" when they are supposedly sober?
"oh, I suddenly have all these blackouts since I met YOU Maryann, but I feel something's amiss? Oh look we found a random rock that has blood all over it, we feel creeped out and weird and now you want us to eat pie seeping with blood! OK!

Godric's death made me need Kleenex's DAMMIT even when I knew it was coming. Funny how the reasons he chose to leave were not the the same ones in the book.

I thought bitchy TV woman might be the Queen too. Til she talked - the Queen is much more in control than that.
Thanks for the name and pic of her - she looks perfect! IIRC in the book, the Queen is so self-assured, perfectly made up and coiffed, that only at a rare moment does she look the age she was when she was turned.

Just a thought:
Alan Ball doesnt have to go ALL over the page with his 'improved' over-the-top-story lines ALL the time, IMHO. The books have sold really well - he could occaisionally follow them and it would be OK too!

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I watched it again last night (ALL DAY I THOUGHT IT WAS THURSDAY AND I COULDN'T FIND PROJECT RUNWAY :rwmad: ) Bill is so cheesy now.. I don't understand why they've done this to his character. In the beginning he was cool, now he's I DON'T KNOW.

I'm not a Tara hater, I kinda like her, but she is a little annoying at times. ALTHOUGH, the claim by BDM that her accent sounds phony is phooey. She has a Southern black accent, and it's not phony sounding at all.

curiousa2z

yeah, I should say I hate how the writers are making Tara act in this story line. Her character started out being way more chary and intelligent than this and I hope they get back to that soon!

Sure paving the way for the audience to accept Sookie moving from Bill to Eric, aren't they? :(

CaptainWacky

Thinking about it, this latest episode was definitely the most "Buffy-like" episode they've ever done, with the Big Bad turning the townspeople into zombies (who are still recognisable as the same characters, just evil versions of themselves) and our heroes uneffected and trying to save them.

curiousa2z

still cant understand why Andy can resist them. It cant be the booze: all the revelers are drinking tons before they go into Zombie mode. he is not a supe -why isnt he affected?

CaptainWacky

He's too stubborn.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
The guy who plays Jason is Australian, not British (if that's what you meant.)

I meant Moyer. Had no idear that Jason was Aussie! His accent is the best of the bunch.

CaptainWacky

He's one of the best actors too.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
^^I read an interview with Moyer in some local Los Angeles magazine, and he seems like a decent guy. However, I knew he was a bit older than Anna, but what kinda shocked me is that he has two kids, a 9-year-old boy, and a 6-year-old daughter, back in England. I don't think he was married, though. I was also amazed that he's only 39-he looks mid-40's to me.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Well all that white foundation probably picks up the lines on your face, so you look older (but he's kind of stringy anyway). I didn't know he was that old, either, but I saw him in NY-LON recently where he looks much better. Bill has silly hair.

CaptainWacky

He's shagging Anna for real, so if he is married his wife is probably a bit angry.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I read a spoiler hint at TVGuide.com about the season finale, which said:
"Sam makes the ultimate sacrifice."
OMG!?