TV Scorecard, are your favorite shows dead or alive?

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Watched The Cape and The Good Guys but couldn't care less that they were cancelled. Smallville shouldn't be on that list with the dead and buried. It wasn't cancelled. AFAIK, its reached its natural conclusion after 10 years.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
That sucks about The Chicago Code getting the axe. I enjoyed that show and have been watching it all season.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
It really should have reach its natural conclusion about seven years ago...

I actually don't know what to feel about Chuck being renewed. I know it's always nearly cancelled every season (and half season) and has a dedicated fanbase who work hard to get it renewed...but season four has been pretty poor on the whole. I'm sure I read that most of the good writers left the show one of the times it looked certain to be cancelled and I can believe it since the current writing is less than stellar. If it gets back to the quality of season one and two then I'll be happy. Hopefully it doesn't continue to decline.

Fucking Simpsons will never die (or get good again.)

I read that the next season of House will be the last (Hugh Laurie said it's his last so it has to be) which is probably good since again the latest season has been kind of bad. They just completely undid all the character development from the previous season and keep coming up with stupider and stupider scenarios (House and his team driving around in a monster truck doing a diagnosis. What the fuck.)

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Someone told me V had been renewed, but apparently we don't find out for sure til the 17th. Yes, I hope it gets renewed. I mean, it's pretty lame, but aside from Blood & Chrome and Dr Who there won't be much scifi left that I watch.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
I already know that my two faves have been renewed, The Good Wife, and Community. OH AND GAME OF THRONES, ALSO.

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
I agree that Chuck has been a bit sub-par this season. But at least the writers aren't afraid to let the characters change and evolve, instead of always maintaining the status quo. I mean, they could have done 4 seasons of "Hey I'm Chuck, I'm a slacker but I have this computer in my brain and every week I get in these dangerous situations and Casey and Sarah manage to bail me out at the last minute, and hey I was about to kiss Sarah but someone interrupted us and now we'll drag out our attraction for 2 more years, and Sarah is on the other side of the door pining for me, but I just left as she opened the door"

I mean, I'm exaggerating but I'm not. Too many shows get bogged down in their premise and don't allow anyone to change. I think the characters on Chuck have grown as much as any on TV since Buffy and Angel went off the air.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Yeah Chuck was better when they weren't marrying/pairing everyone off and when everyone didn't know Chuck, Sarah, and Casey were spies. I think its basically Jeff, Lester, and Big Mike left out of the spy loop.

CaptainWacky

Casey gets fuck all to do anymore despite being awesome. He should do something awesome (whereas Awesome could easily be axed and no one would care.)

CaptainWacky

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
They really don't consider the feelings of foreign illegal downloaders AT ALL when they make these decisions, DO THEY?! :phpconfused:

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Even though it was a silly chick show, I watch Brothers & Sisters. There's a hot/cute gay couple, plus I'd watch Sally Field and Calista Flockhart in almost anything.

Also, shirtless Gilles Marini! HOLY SHIT. I'll miss it. :(

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
House is one of those shows where I can't figure out why it's stayed on so long. It's the same premise every week. House is a dick. Someone is dying. House is a dick about treating them. He stares at Cuddy's breasts. House is a dick and saves the person but is still a dick. Really? How many seasons of this over and over again?

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
WTF?
well I CANNOT understand why the Chicago Code was cancelled. Are the people who didn't watch it/ decide these things against good writing and interesting characters?? I call bullshit. TV is dead to me.

(Until True Blood starts up).

curiousa2z

Be patient till the last.
Great news though! America's Home Videos still going strong! *vomits*

Donovan

beer, I want beer

CaptainWacky

House is one of those shows where I can't figure out why it's stayed on so long. It's the same premise every week. House is a dick. Someone is dying. House is a dick about treating them. He stares at Cuddy's breasts. House is a dick and saves the person but is still a dick. Really? How many seasons of this over and over again?

Eight, apparently! And it's becasue Hugh Laurie rocks the box.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
I love Hugh Laurie, but loathe his character. I don't know how he hasn't been murdered by one of the countless people he's offended.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Maybe the final episode will have him being stabbed to death by them all at once, like Julius Caesar.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The home video show it still on because it's cheap to produce, just like all the shitty reality shows. Does anyone watch Tosh.0? It's just like America's Funniest HOme videos.. except Tosh is cute. The studio audience laughter sounds just like a laugh track. I hate it like snakes.