TV Shows I'll be watching this Fall

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
Any returning shows have already received permanent slotting, based on past performance. But they will be re-evaluated, as I can and will drop a show if it starts sucking (I'm looking at you, Smallville and Heroes). New shows get 2 episodes to win me over, or I drop 'em. I watch far, far too much television (this list doesn't include nightly baseball through the playoffs and weekly NFL games!), so I won't hesitate to drop an underwhelming show. So here's the comprehensive list; please post yours!

Monday: Chuck, The Event, Hawaii Five-O

Tuesday: NCIS: Los Angeles

Wednesday: Undercovers, Better With You, Modern Family

Thursday: Community, 30 Rock, The Office, Fringe

Friday: Human Target

Saturday: Cops

Sunday: Dexter, Boardwalk Empire, Eastbound and Down

Jeebus, that's a lotta shows. Barely leaves enough time to give LG her nightly rodgering!

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Jeebus, that's a lotta shows. Barely leaves enough time to give LG her nightly rodgering!

Thats nothing compared to the amount of new and returning shows I'm planning on watching this Fall. Thank God for being single, having virtually no life, and the DVR. (I'll post my list later)

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
Stargate Universe, Community, and Caprica are the only ones I can remember right now.

Dr Dave

pillzlol
I generally speaking don't follow shows much on live tv (I do on dvd though), but the following ones I may follow, watch on occasion, or at least check out.

Monday: House, Castle, Chase.

Tuesday: NCIS, Life Unexpected.

Wednesday: Criminal minds

Thursday: Bones (maybe), CSI.

Friday: N/A

Saturday: College Football, Cops.

Sunday: Football

Big Dick McGee

If you don't know, now ya know
^^How the heck can you watch NCIS and not NCIS:LA??

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
Monday: Dancing with the Stars

Tuesday: Glee, DWTS results show

Wednesday: Survivor (maybe), Top Chef Just Desserts, maybe Modern Family and The Whole Truth (for Maura Tierney)

Thursday: Project Runway, 30 Rock, Ace of Cakes, and I'll try SHAT My Dad Says, who knows...

Friday & Saturday: Nothing noteworthy, just flipping the dial

Sunday: Desperate Housewives, Mad Men, Amazing Race, Brothers & Sisters, Simpsons, Family Guy, Boardwalk Empire (probably)

Hmm...less than I thought...is this a good thing?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Whenver they're on tv here (or if they're REALLY GOOD or not on I'll download): House, Chuck, Dexter, Community, Caprica, The Walking Dead, Stargate Universe, Simpsons. V I suppose. And, let's face it, I'll probably end up watching Smallville.

Is that it? Surely there's more. What's The Event?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Same as Wacky pretty much. But doesn't V return next April or something absurd like that?

CaptainWacky

Meh, who cares, it's V.

Loktar

Pinata Whacker
Monday: Chuck, Anthony Bourdain

Tuesday: Glee, SGU, Flipping Out, Caprica(Oct 5)

Wednesday: Man v. Food, Top Chef: Just Desserts, Food Wars, Hell's Kitchen, Ugly Americans(October 6)

Thurs: Community, 30 Rock, The Office, Outsourced, Fringe

Fri: Clone Wars, Batman: Brave and the Bold, Smallville, The Good Guys, Sanctuary(Oct 15)

Sat: Saturday Night Live

Sunday: Bored to Death, Simpsons, Cleveland Show, Family Guy

November: Conan(Nov 8), Burn Notice, Psych
December: Dr. Who Christmas Special, Xmas episodes of Futurama, Warehouse 13, Eureka
January: Archer, Curb Your Enthusiasm

Donovan

beer, I want beer
The Event was on tonight and I started to watch it but didn't get all the way through it before getting bored. Doesn't bode well.

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Yeah, it didn't do much for me either. There's really no new shows this year that I feel an overwhelming need to watch.

NCIS is tonight, and of course, I've got a POD meeting. Bastards.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
I'M SRSLY GONNA MISS BASEBALL SEASON IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS (NOT COUNTING THE EXTRA MONTH OF PLAYOFFS & WORLD SERIES, I'M MORE TALKING ABOUT MY METS)

Donovan

beer, I want beer
Yeah, it didn't do much for me either. There's really no new shows this year that I feel an overwhelming need to watch.

NCIS is tonight, and of course, I've got a POD meeting. Bastards.

I am seriously dying to see the Walking Dead series, but no cable. Also I am now a fan of the Big Bang Theory and will attempt to watch that. None of the others look all that wonderful.

Cassie

Touching the monolith
Staff member
The Event was a little confusing, I hate it when they do that "5 minutes ago", and then "4 months ago" and then "3 seconds ago" SHIT. Hopefully that was just to set the show up and it will get better. It had nice special effects, and the acting was good. I'm going to watch it a few more times, see how it goes.

Castle came back last night, I love that show for no good reason. Maybe I just like to look at Captain Tightpants! BUT, I totally forgot about No Reservations and missed it. I hate that :rwmad:

Tuesday nights will be a difficult choice. SyFy has moved Caprica and SGU to Tuesdays, but that is also the night of Glee and NCIS (I don't like NCIS: LA). I'm either going to have to break down and get a DVR or just pick the shows I'm going to watch and forget about the rest. I'm sure SGU and Caprica will win.

I have no idea what's on Wednesdays. Thursdays will be Community and Project Runway. After PR ends, I don't know what I'll watch to fill in that hour and a half. I'm sure I'll watch Shit My Dad Says a time or two, but if it's a typical sitcom I won't like it, even though my Shat is the star.

Sanctuary, Real Time with Bill Maher, and The Soup are on Fridays. I usually watch The Soup rerun on Saturday, cuz the other stuff I watch comes on at the same time.

Saturday night is a wasteland on TV. I usually channel surf until 10, then I watch The Dish. I channel surf for another 30 minutes, then watch The Soup. After that there isn't much on so BLAH.

Sunday will be Boardwalk Empire, if it doesn't improve I'll change to somethign else TBA.

Donovan

beer, I want beer
That "five minutes ago" thing was pretty annoying to me too. Although every time they did it it made me think of the classic Seinfeld episode that gets run in reverse time and has to do with Elaine being "Unvited" to a wedding and everyone goes to India. Frigging hilarious and the last scene, post-credits, is labelled "eleven years ago" and shows Jerry meeting Kramer and making the fatal mistake of saying "Mi casa es su casa, what's mine is yours." Classic.

CaptainWacky

Oh yeah, Clone Wars.