Wacky Reviews: Things He's Watched On Netflix

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
I wonder if they were originally one movie, but creative differences slit the production apart and one movie became two.

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
Frank - So I've never really known exactly who Frank Sidebottom is. I've seen pics of him or seen people mention him OVER THE YEARS but I still never really knew what he did. He's that comedy character in the big papier mache head. You know the one. Anyway, it doesn't actually matter because apparently this has very little to do with the real Frank (he's dead) and was just "inspired" by him in some way. But the papier mache head is there and worn by Michael Fassbender OF ALL PEOPLE and he's very good acting in a paier mache head. The main character is Domhnall "I'm in fucking everything now" Gleeson as an outsider who joins a band of weird musicians and it's about what happens when (really really) weird musicians try to make it big, I guess. It was entertaining. It was funny and well acted. Probably some people would find it boring if they don't care about the characters. But I liked it.

CaptainWacky

Has anyone watched this Making A Murderer thing all the celebrities are tweeting about?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
No, but considering watching an episode now (before bed) for some reason.

When I first heard of it I thought it was like those awful channel 5 documentaries about canibals or nazis, but like you say, celebs are really bigging it up.

CaptainWacky

I'll probably watch it since so many people I find attractive have said it's good, yeah.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
The first episode of Making a Murderer was very good and even managed to end on a cliffhanger, though I'm not sure how there can be enough story for nine more episodes.

'Gear

RIP 1970~2018
So I just finished ep. 5 about three mins ago.

Holy

Fucking

SHIT!!!!

I literally can't believe what's rolling out in front of me rl.

Next time someone calls me a conspiracy theorist in a snide or mocking tone I'm going to sock em right in the nose.

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Me too. Though after reading up on it more I still can't decide what to make of it all. Certainly seems highly likely the police planted evidence, that Brenden Dassey was innocent and that many, many flaws in the prosecution case were ignored by the jury. But there is still room for Steven Avery to be guilty.

It doesn't help that the police didn't investigate any other suspects, so it's difficult to have much of a clue who else may have been responsible. Some people think it was the ex boyfriend, but he wasn't even asked for an alibi, and then there's Steven's nephew and brother in law who implicated him and were each others alibis. It's a very rich tapestry.

CaptainWacky

I started watching it.

CaptainWacky

The new season of Archer is on Netflix now if anyone cares.

CaptainWacky

(It was pretty good.)

OH SNAP, they just added every series of Star Trek! Yes, Tomtrek, even TAS, OH SNAP!

CaptainWacky

Wacky Reviews: Star Trek to begin tomorrow!?

Fuddlemiff

Is this real life?
Oh, I didn't see TAS! Awesome. I've been watching my favourite Voyager episodes. I think it actually has better standalone episodes than the other series. TNG has great two-parters and DS9 has great episodes that form parts of arcs, but Voyager has stuff like Living Witness and Message in a Bottle. Great if you just want to watch something quick before bed.

(I love TOS as well, but I've seen all those episodes a million times now)

CaptainWacky

It will take me literally years to get to Voyager (if I ever actually start this.)