Troll Kingdom

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walmart Under Fire...

CoyoteUgly said:
Oh, ok...so the Armed Forces gives poor kids the out they need to go to college, and you find it abhorrent. Uh-huh. Ok. It's fine to line up like cattle in order to fill out the paperwork for the monthly dole and lose your dignity, but taking an oppotunity that might somehow require or instill some self-respect is abhorrent. Gotcha.
You do have some very valid points here, CU (Oh, no, it's Bizarro World! ;) ).

However, the other side of the coin dictates that the Armed Forces are being filled with the poor. This leaves the middle and upper class free to reap the benefits of the poor's socioeconomic (NOT patriotic) choices.

It's a separation of the classes.

No. I went to a Recruitment Center when I was 17, but backed out before anything was signed. The recruiting officer called for months afterward, to see if I had changed my mind.

It's not separation of class within the Armed Forces, it's the separation between those that are in, and those that are out.

It's statistical fact that there are more poor in the AF then middle class, and the reason is the accesibility of opprtunities that wouldn't otherwise be available.

We're developing an army of the poor.

CoyoteUgly said:
Then how do you know about this separation of classes through recruitment, Karl Marx?

I think she's talking about what it would turn into.

In a lot of ways, that's what it is already.

Though your figures bear out your assertion, they originate from a conservative organization (The Heritage Foundation), and thereby come with a built in agenda.

I will, however, try to find a less biased source. I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt.

Give me awhile. :)

Sarek said:
I think she's talking about what it would turn into.

In a lot of ways, that's what it is already.
BTW, it bears mentioning that this was said by someone who was iin the military (if I'm not mistaken. If I am, mea culpa. ;) )

Friday said:
BTW, it bears mentioning that this was said by someone who was iin the military (if I'm not mistaken. If I am, mea culpa. ;) )

I have no doubt. Could have been me for that matter.

Sometimes I think that if more politians had children who chose to serve, they might be a bit more cautious on the trigger when it came to war.

What I wouldn't give to see Bush's two young brats doing convoy duty in Iraq. ;)

Sarek said:
I have no doubt. Could have been me for that matter.

Sometimes I think that if more politicians had children who chose to serve, they might be a bit more cautious on the trigger when it came to war.

What I wouldn't give to see Bush's two young brats doing convoy duty in Iraq. ;)
I was actually inferring that it was you that was in the military.

I must have been mistaken, tho. Sorry. :)

And I agree with the politicians thing. Bring it closer to home, instead of it just being "other people's kids". Many would think twice, I'm sure.

Friday said:
I was actually inferring that it was you that was in the military.

I must have been mistaken, tho. Sorry. :)

And I agree with the politicians thing. Bring it closer to home, instead of it just being "other people's kids". Many would think twice, I'm sure.

Oh. I retired after 22 years in the Air Force a little over a year ago. I still work for the Department of Defence though doing law enforcement on an Air Force base.

My wife on the other hand is still in the military and is serving in Iraq right now.

After reading this thread in it's entirety I think you should all be forced to come and live in Vermont for a month, maybe two, so you can see how people work together, and values like community, honesty, and integrity are really practiced.

Truly, some of the reasoning from the "right" rings of burned out exposure to chronic abuse of the system by people who really abuse it. I'm sure in Vermont some people abuse the system, or whatever it is that pisses you off about hordes of blacks cashing welfare checks on the third of every moth, or whatever it is.

Vermont has more guns per capita for example than anywhere in the US, yet the lowest crime rate.

3 of its "cities" consitently make top 10 for best places to live, and the democracy you all seem so desperate to embrace in shortsightedness, is actually practiced here.

We have less murders in 10 years in our state than many of your cities do in a week.

Our farmers say I love you to the cows they are milking.

Carry on :)

Friday said:
Though your figures bear out your assertion, they originate from a conservative organization (The Heritage Foundation), and thereby come with a built in agenda.

I will, however, try to find a less biased source. I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt.

Give me awhile. :)

Uh, the data comes straight from the DOD, and just because the compilation comes from a "conservative organization" doesn't mean they're wrong or biased.

So seek your "less biased source" but be aware that if you even dare to present some shit from a liberal source...after what you just said...I will take your source and break it off in your ass right here for everyone to see.

Number_6 said:
Last time I checked, public schools were free and community colleges were cheap--and offered a lot of financial aid to people who lived under the poverty line.

Are you kidding me? You don't even have to be under or at the poverty level to get financial aid.

I have a friend who is a Latina, she makes $40,000.00 a year, is single, has no children, her rent is $750.00 per month, her utilites including DSL and premium cable total $150.00 per month. her car payment and insurance are around $450.00 per month, her health insurance runs her $80.00 per month, she's absolutely buried herself in credit card debt redecorating her apartment and wardrobe, she attends a community college and doesn't pay one dime, not even for books! She doesn't get loans, no she gets money for school free and clear just because she's a minority.

Tell me minorities don't stand a chance, Jesus, their opportunity for education is being handed to them on a silver platter.

As for Wal-Mart, if anyone but wetbacks that don't believe in birth control anyway were the majority of it's customers Wal-Mart might take a boycott seriously but since that's not the case...

And HEY! The Cheese, a.k.a. Retrotrek works for corporate and they treat her very well there.

Friday said:
And as far as forcing successful people to help those less fortunate, yes, I believe it is our responsibility, as a society, to help those that don't have.

Here, my dear, is one of the chief philosophical differences between Conservatives/Moderates and Left-Wing Liberals. Conservatives, and most moderates, are pushing to encourage more personal responsibility. Liberals seem to want none. Everything from "victimizing" criminals to providing cradle-to-grave Government care seems to fall under the Liberal "it's not their fault" banner.

I find it quite amusingthat Friday started this thread accusing Wal-Mart of foisting their morals on women, then turns around and says we have a moral obligation to help those less fortunate than us.

Is it ironic in here, or is it just me?

No, I noticed it too and filed it under "M" for moonbat.

Something that occured to me yesterday while shopping in Wal-Mart: generally they only stock items that they can quickly shift.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Wal-Mart pharmacies didn't stock the morning after pill simply because there was little to no demand for it.