Was this guy for real?

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter
http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=109204

Wife Of Brian...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...has died. 530pm 11/27/09. As far as they know it was a blood-clot, stopped her cold in the middle of the mall. Per her instructions we are not to grieve but to celebrate her life and remember her and all she accomplished/did.

Needless to say I won't be very much for awhile. This was not unexpected, yet it's still quite a shock. I have a diner to manage until it sells and then I'm clearing out my workshop and traveling the country until I leave for bootcamp.

Claims his wife died. They were both regular posters, apparently (I don't read TrekbBS much now) and known by many of the members. T'Bonz shut the thread and called the guy a troll. His story does sound a bit strange, but not outside the realms of possibility. And lot of people believe him without question. So, real or not? YOU DECIDE.

Aquehonga

Un Banned
True or false, I hope Pleck wasn't cast down from TBBS by TEH BONES.

If true, it's a real bummer to say the least:frown:

If false, I don't know:(

Hope the Pleckster doesn't get banned, suspended or permabanned.

Odd:phpquestion:

Yes!

My advice to Plec is go :behindsofa: & post less.

Aquehonga

Un Banned
I just went up to TrekBBS to do some private dicking on this Plecostamojo dude.

He's been permabanned!

His signature's GONE!

And Plecoughalot's NOT listed in the TrekBBS Members Directory at all!

So, Plec's OUTATHERE!

And that's that!

It was revenge for Billy Bats.

And alot of other things!

aeommai

cookie?
did that Tbonz person jsut admit to being 50, middle aged and fat woman?

T'Bonz

TrekBBS Wench
I'm 51. The rest is true. I'm not obese, but you basement-dwellers would laugh. Most of you have seen photos of me. If not, here. See that gut? :lol:

BonzRecent.gif

Tamar_Garish

beer, I want beer
I am skeptical that her death was expected due to a blood clot.

I am very, very familiar with clots and if she was at risk she would have been heavily anti-coagulated, making clot formation much, much less likely, it is also very unlikely she would have been sent home to die when there are things that can be done on scene if a person is at the hospital when it happens.

I can't find any reference to this death, anywhere. There are no obituaries in the area remotely suitable...unless his "wife" was 93.

I can't find any indication this guy is even married...unless his wife is named Binky, Shemp, Vlad The Impaler or Cerebra:

http://www.whitepages.com/people/brian-richard-3

Is it possible this is true...slightly....but it doesn't pass the sniff test. The fact he won't name the mall or funeral home...of which there are not many near him so it's not hard to check out..there is no obituary or news bite of a death in a mall in NY recently, his attempts at passing off a sudden blood clot as expected...it's not even a well thought out troll. :jayzus:

I hate sloppy execution and this one was ham-handed from beginning to end. No patience at all....he put all the plot twists in at once making it easy to see he was full of it. The baby part was lame as hell and no one sane would be making the jokes he was trying to pass off as normal grief for him.

Fail....just....fail.

Conchaga

Let's fuck some shit up
Hey, when I killed Raffles, I at least found a good newspaper story and obit to corroborate my lie.

Fukken amateurs...

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

Gagh

Χριστόφορος
How many times has VKD pulled the "...died at 3am" or "turn on CNN now!" thing here?

Yeah. Exactly.

FBI parte due

Folces Weard
Because it's much more socially acceptable in most places to be taken in by a fake announcement of a death than it is to call bullshit on a real one.

Tamar_Garish

beer, I want beer
Kudos to Bonz for taking a stand when it isn't politic to point out this douche's crap.

T'Bonz

TrekBBS Wench
Kudos to Bonz for taking a stand when it isn't politic to point out this douche's crap.

Can't say it was fun.

Like you, I had done research (from the first day.) No obit, nothing online. All bullshit.

Seriously! How come so many were taken in by this guy?

He built it up over time. He had this fake wife for quite a while (who posted remarkably like him. I'm rather surprised no one caught it. I hadn't read his stuff before but when I did, I noticed that she definitely sounded just like him,) and he built up a history of lies. Plus - evidently he was funny (for which many will forgive many transgressions) and evidently well-liked by his friends.

No one expects someone like that to troll. After some of the things I've seen online (mostly years ago, I don't offer friendship online much anymore, as I figure everyone is out to fuck me over, love my Romulan paranoia, eh? :D) I'm automatically suspicious, especially when a story gets more and more fantastic.

He got greedy. Made some basic mistakes and it ended up going from a believable story to "Oh, give me a break!"

Aquehonga:

Gut courtesy of brewskis?

No, I'm just a pig. :D I like food too much.

Seph

Retired Account
http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=109204

Claims his wife died. They were both regular posters, apparently (I don't read TrekbBS much now) and known by many of the members. T'Bonz shut the thread and called the guy a troll. His story does sound a bit strange, but not outside the realms of possibility. And lot of people believe him without question. So, real or not? YOU DECIDE.

t-bonz merked him lmao... well in t-bonz lol

DarthSikle

GFHH Moderator
I think T'Bonz looks great for her age. Not that she's old or anything.