Watching Smallville's fiinal season/self harm

CaptainWacky

I want to smell dark matter

CaptainWacky

So this week had the return of both Martha Kent and Lionel Luthor. But it's still the evil alternate universe Lionel, of course. It's still a good thing as John Glover is the best actor on the show by a considerable margin and when watching his scenes you can actually fool yourself into think you're watching a proper tv show.

The Lex Clone (did I mention that?) is now a teenager and teamed up with Lionel to destroy Clark or whatever. For about twenty minutes anyway. By the end of the episode, the clone was a good guy again. Which didn't stop Tess from trying to inject him with poison. But wait! The needle snapped on his skin! He's super human! Twist after twist! Really compared to the glacial pace of earlier episode these episodes have been stuffed fool of plot developments and crazy twists. Probably stuffed too full, really.

There were quite a few "heroes are a good thing!" speeches which aren't really necessary and Martha telling Lois she'd be a good daughter and all that shit. There was a bit at the end when Clark sees videos of normal people talking about The Blur and Lois has put on the itnernet or something. This was interesting becasue they actually seemed like real people and not actors. Did they win a contest or something or were they just fans included in the show? It made it a bit more convincing anyway.

There was also a good shot of Chloe's bare shoulders.

Overall this was a good episode on the Smallville scale and the general quality was stretched upwards by the Lionel scenes.

CaptainWacky

Well, that was nice of them then!

CaptainWacky

Tonight's wasn't as good. The plot seemed all over the place. It started with Oliver and Chloe being mistaken for FBI agents, then beating up some FBI agents for some reason. Then there was an evil "sex club" owner who was killing people. He tried to turn Chloe "dark". I think he must have been in a previous episode I missed since Clarke new who he was. Also Lois suggested Clarke wear a better disguise and he put the glasses on. And lots of speeches and moralising at the end. At least there was a bit with Chloe all wet and tied up. AVERAGE EPISODE.

The Question

Eternal
I read this entire thread to my cat. He then licked nacho cheese off a piece of aluminum foil.

CaptainWacky

That means he liked it!

No, wait, it means he licked it.

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
You will both be bound up the next day.

CaptainWacky

So tonight's was really fucking bad. It was a "comedy" episode that completely and utterly ripped off the movie The Hangover in every single way. And it was more embarrassing than funny. Zatanna (who, annoyingly, wasn't in the episode, even though the actress who plays her is really hot) spikes the champagne at Clarke's bacheleor party. WACKINESS ENSUES. Gatea dresses up as Elvis but sings like Johnny Cash for some reason. Tess, who was a villain a few months ago, is now a comedy slut! Lois and Oliver dress up as SHOWGIRLS for some reason and the evil mob guy finds Oliver attractive dressed as a woman! Tom Welling has no comedic timing! I did laugh at the bit when he tried to use his superspeed when drunk and ran into a wall. But still. It was pretty bad!

CaptainWacky

Tonight's was okay. Lionel was back, but Chloe seems to be gone again (no "and Alison Mack" in the opening.) The Lex Clone is now a teenager and has coneniently stopped again and he's called Connor Kent now, which I think is from the comics. He gets turned on by Lois and his heat vision goes off, just like Clark in season one when he was wanking over Lana. Lionel gives him red kryptonite and he tries to rape Lois, but they're friends against by the end!

Tisiphone

Elitist Redheaded Trollop
Yeah, you won't see Chloe again for a while.

CaptainWacky

I don't understand how she could do nine full years on Smallville but then in the last season start to think "this is a bit much!"

Eggs Mayonnaise

All In With The Nuts
TERRY FARRELL IS HER HERO.

Tisiphone

I'm not normally attracted to blonde men, but Oliver (Justin I think is his name) is kinda sexy.

CaptainWacky

Erica Durance has got progressively more attractive as the show has went on, strangely (good surgeon?)

Tisiphone

I hate Lois Lane. Smallville's version that is.

CaptainWacky

She is annoying, yes! But probably a better actor than Tom Welling.

CaptainWacky

So tonight Clark and Mirror Clark swaps places. Which means we get Evil Clark. Again. How many times over the years have we seen Evil Clark? Probably A MILLION. Good Clark helps mirror universe Jonathan Kent sort his life out. So that was nice of him. It's good to see Jonathan again I suppose. Episode wasn't very good.